Chapter 25: The Maze Of Truth, part 4

"Let the countdown begin now."

10...9...8...7...6....5....4...3...2...1....0.

Everyone simultaneously sprinted toward the flying ball and attempted to catch it for their team.

The first team to reach the floating ball was from the lighting clan, and they immediately attempted to hold off the enemy team.

A clock on the wall began to count down as soon as the team from the lighting clan made the first contact.

05:59.....58.....57....56

Everyone in the sumo ring realized they were running out of time and that attacking as soon as possible was their best course of action.

It became quite difficult for the lighting clan team to maintain possession of the ball as they were being surrounded.

05:27......20......

After spotting an opening, a team from the earth clan approached the lighting clan team from behind and stole the ball.

The moment the earth clan team gained possession of the ball, they used their shields to quickly create a stone barrier around themselves.

The moment everyone realized nothing could enter or leave, they all heard the commentator's voice again.

"Participant Jean from the lighting clan team lost the ball.... He maintained possession of the ball for 40 seconds."

"Duncan from the earth clan team has the ball in his possession now."

05:18....17.....16....8....

A few players outside the barrier attempted single attacks and combo attacks, but they were unsuccessful, and the barrier remained in place.

After regrouping, May and her team talked over a plan.

04:45....42....41....40.....

Raph and Colt would not just blindly follow May's orders, so she came up with an alternative plan instead, one that would require the earth clan team to act desperately.

"Listen up, boys. I think I know how to get the ball back and win this."

"How do we do that? Before the time runs out, I'm open to suggestions."

May pointed toward the enormous clock that has been counting down on the wall ever since the lighting clan team made the first touch with the ball.

"Nearly two minutes have gone by, and three minutes remaining."

"Did you notice when Jean from the lighting clan team dropped the ball?" The commentator only stated that he had lost the ball, not the team."

Raph's eyes glowed with both happiness and relief.

"Ow... Wow, now that you mention it, you have a point."

"It was the same for Duncan from the earth clan team when he got the ball; only his name was mentioned."

Colt looked at both May and Raph.

"If what you're saying is correct, what's the point of teaming up?"

"I'm not sure yet, but the only thing we know right now is that the person holding the ball is gaining time, not the team."

"What should we do now?"

"We take the ball from them and split the remaining time equally."

"Take the ball? Didn't you notice that everyone in this ring threw everything they had at that barrier, and nothing worked?"