Chapter 42

Hello everyone! Wow, It's been a bit over a year since I last updated this story. I am happy to announce that I am back to start delivering updates again. I have not given up on this story. The year was a much-needed break for me. I hope that you all can enjoy my work some more. And thank you to everyone who waited this long. I love you and am grateful that you're still here reading this <3 <3 <3

NOW ONTO THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Only a few days after being in a work-study with Fatgum, a few of my classmates' hero names have spread around like wildfire, including mine!! We were all very excited about this news. It meant we were being recognized for all of our hard work.

I'll admit, juggling both school and hero work is a bit of a challenge. I've managed to keep up with my work since Izuku and I like to study together. Although...I have noticed that my boyfriend seemed a bit down lately. It started the evening he got back from his patrol with Lemillion, AKA Mirio. I've asked him on a few occasions about why he was sad but he never divulged into why. I was worried about him.

A sigh left my lips as I adjusted the shoulder straps of my bag. Kirishima and I were heading off to our work-study once again. This time though it would be at a different location, we were also requested to not where our hero suits and instead wear our school uniform which I found odd. I wasn't going to question it though, Fatgums orders.

"Ah, Midoriya. Good Morning!!" Eijirou had turned around, hearing someone else leaving the dorm building behind us. Turned out it was Izuku.

"Are you headed off to your work-study too? Cool, so are me and Chieko." The red head added while I made my way over to my boyfriend. I planted a kiss on his cheek making him flush pink. He wasted no time though in returning the affection and gave my cheek a kiss as well before speaking to Kirishima.

"Yeah, I finally got called in again. Feels like it's been forever. I wonder why they said not to wear our costumes though." Izuku replied, looking down at his school uniform. That's when my ears caught someone else leaving the dorm building. I turn my head to see both Uraraka and Tsu standing at the door. The two wearing their school uniforms as well.

"Oh! Good Morning guys!! You going in today?" Ochako asked with a big smile.

"Yeah." I replied, nodding my head a bit

"Oh, so are we." Tsu spoke up, giving me a small nod as well. "That's kinda weird."

We all shrugged it off though, the five of us leaving as a group. On our way, we ran into two more heroes that were going in the same direction. They accompanied us as well, so the group grew into seven. Izuku and I exchanged confused glances at each other. Everyone was going on the same train to the same station. Even when we got off we were all going to the same place. Standing outside the building Kirishima and I were told to go to stood The Big Three, who all promptly greeted us. Besides Amajiki who gave Kirishima and I a small nod. All of us walked inside, walked down a hallway before coming to a door. Mirio was the one to open it and I let out a small surprised gasp seeing all the heroes inside as well. I recognized Mr. Aizawa almost immediately among the group. He was talking to both Bubble Girl and Gran Torino. There were a mix of heroes varying in popularity and power. Fatgum was the second hero I recognized, especially since he was the tallest person in the room.

"Hey, Isn't that your dad over there (Y/N)?" Izuku pointed out, looking to my left. I raised a brow and turned to follow my boyfriends' gaze and he was right. My father was dressed in his hero suit, talking to RockLock, another hero. He had this serious look on his face that he only ever gets doing hero work. What was he doing here too?