𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

Warning(s): swearing, drug/alcohol abuse, angry roger, madelyn being a conniving bitch

"𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞"

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 after Freddie's party and I was going to mum's to tell her about the good news, granted that PJ hadn't already told her. Roger was hungover a little as we all headed out last night to celebrate our first success, he just had one too many wines. "Can't you just stay in bed and nurse me?" he whines. "It's a hangover, bubba, not cholera." I giggle at his over over-dramatic behaviour. "I don't know how long I'll be at mum's for, so deal with it, sunshine." He groans at me turns over. "I'll see you in a bit." I kiss his temple and leave out of the door, thank god the house wasn't far from the flat.

As I approach the door, I see a car there, one I hadn't seen down the road before, and it was right in front of the house, odd. I unlock the door and announce my presence, "Hey mum! It's only me!" I close the door and begin walking into the living room/dining area. "Guess what's happened-" When I get in there, I see a man sat with my mother at the table, both looking deadly serious. He looked a little familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. "Hey uh... who's this?" "Lols, it's-" mum starting saying sensitively.

"I'm just the new neighbour." he smiles. He had pretty hazel eyes and darkened hair, a few little grey hairs poking around in a few places. "Peter..." mum sighs. Peter? Why is she saying his name like that? "She should know; it's been twenty years." "What?" I frown starting to get closer. "I should know... what?" "Lolly, he's your..." mum falters. "he's... he's your dad." As soon as those words spill from her lips, I knew where I recognised him from; the one picture in the house of a man, the one I was told was my father... him.