𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐝

Warning(s): usual warnings + not proof-read and outfits to come soon (kinda wanted to get this out)

"𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐜 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦"

"𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫 started." Roger states swallowing his toast. "Oh, Roger, darling, don't you want to let your breakfast settle?" mum pouts. "I'd like to, but if we don't get a move on, we might be late to see Reid." he chuckles. "I'll come with you." I announce. "No, my angel, you finish your cereal- just come out when you're ready." he places a small kiss on my head before walking out the front door. "How are you two after everything?" mum questions. We've spent a few days at her's while the police take over our house, I suppose, for forensics. "Surviving, I guess." I murmur, stirring the hoops swimming in the milk. "I know he's acting strong for the both of us, but he doesn't need to. I'm strong, I don't need to be nurtured for like an infant." "He feels like it's his job as your boyfriend." she soothes. "So let him do his job - he cares about you, let him in. Shutting us all out... it's not good for you."

"I know... and I'm working on it with Maxwell. It'll just take a little time." I murmur. "When are you seeing him next?" she asks. "Saturday." I reply. "Will I ever get better, mamma?" She looks at me in both sympathy and disappointment that I would even be slandering myself, she stands from her chair and hugs me from behind, "Of course you will, my babygirl. Like you say, it'll just take time and in the end, it will be worth it. You and Roger won't need to look over your shoulders for that 'Mad Maddie'." "Mamma-" I attempt to get her to stop. "No, dolly, you need to admit that she was going to kill you!" she puts her foot down as she stops hugging me. "If it wasn't for Rog, you probably would be dead." "It wasn't her!" I defend. "Not really! She wasn't in the right headspace!" "Neither are you, baby!" she calms. "And I'll be honest, I don't even think you're in the right frame of mind to do this meeting with Reid, neither is Roger. But it's not up to me, it's what you guys want... and it won't look good for the band if there isn't everyone there." I chuckle a little as she was able to add a little bit of humour to it.

We're not doing this for ourselves individually, we're doing this for Queen. "I know. But just imagine, mamma. This time next year, we could be millionaires!" I beam. "It would be nice to have a hole in my pocket for a change." she shrugs. "Now, I'm going to join my boyfriend in the car to drive to the pub, and hopefully, to our future manager." I chirp. "At least finish your cereal." she requests. "It's all soggy now, it's be like eating overdone rice." I grimace. "That's what happens when you stir it about." she chuckles before disposing of the messy bowl. Before I set one foot out of the door, I rush up to hug her from behind, "Thank you for letting us stay." "I swore from the moment you were born that I'd protect you, now matter how old you get." she turns to kiss my head with care. "And I promised Winnie that I'd look after her son, too." "We both appreciate it, mamma." I smile. "We love you." "I love you both, more." she cups my cheeks and strokes the bone with her thumb, before letting go. "I'll let you go now. Good luck." "Thank you, mamma." I beam as I exit the house.