𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐦 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞

Warning(s): swearing, angst, arguing, lolly getting hit on by an iconic lesbian, sexuality confusion, very small fluff at the end (blink and you will miss it), not proof-read

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐦 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞 - 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐦 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞"

𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 warning from the universe the nightmare I just had, a warning that I should get my shit together and start taking accountability for my mistakes. In the nightmare, I was running from my death, there was someone chasing me with the tendency to have me dead, they caught me and I jolted awake before they could actually stab me. I look over at Roger, who was still sound asleep and I carefully and stealthily climb out of the bed. The clock said it was only 8:45, but I knew mum would be awake, she usually did like waking up early to do the breakfast, and if Peter was staying there, no doubt she would be up.

Before heading out to grab a payphone, I wrote a note for Roger to tell him where I had gone and not to worry, I'd be back soon enough. I kissed him on the forehead before leaving. I slip a bit of change into the machine upon arriving, I was only a few blocks away from the hotel which was handy in case of any emergency. But as I dialled the number which was all so familiar to me, the anxiety ate me up; like would mum bite my head off, would she... disown me? No, I'm being ridiculous and finding any excuse to not call her and apologise.

"Hello?" I hear her tired and rough voice sounds through the speaker. "...Mamma?" I murmur. "Lolly?" she asks in shock. "Yeah... it's me." I state quietly. "Mum, I'm so sorry." "You're not the one who who should be apologising, it's me!" she takes the blame. "I should've told you the truth why your dad left, and I don't know why I didn't." "Maybe because you didn't want me to try and find him... 'cause I would've and I probably never would've stopped. But I know you just wanted to keep me and PJ safe from that life." "I did." she sniffles. "And your dad himself said he didn't want you both knowing about him, about his stupidity and attachment to all of those toxic things. So he left London, he left any big city and relocated to the countryside, y'know, it's peaceful there, no bothers at all... and he's been there since he left and clean for 15 years."