𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐛𝐨𝐰 𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝

usual warnings!
not proof-read

"𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡"

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚 complete success to me. Me and Max were making excellent progress, and all together I was happier. Most of the time, I had forgotten about what had happened in the past month; Madelyn, the drugs, my dad. At least one part of that was for the better. I was getting to know my father and I was loving it. He told me it was never really a home when he went to his country cottage, he never found another woman to fall in love with because he still loved Caz ─ it was the sweetest thing I had ever heard. And I soon realised I had no reason to loathe my dad, he really was just protecting us the best way possible and I love him for doing that.

"How has everything been since the last time we met, Willow?" Max questions. "I feel like I've been on top of the world." I cheer softly. "And that's without drugs! Roger, the band, my family, friends ─ they've all supported me so much through it all." "I'm so happy for you." he smiles. "I hear you're all going to be performing at the Rainbow soon." "We are!" I grin. "We've been all over the UK; Leeds, Liverpool, Bradford- we've just gotten back from Birmingham, we're at Oxford tomorrow." "You're keeping up with your Amitriptyline, aren't you?" he asks. "I am." I reply. "2 a day, when I wake up and when I go to sleep." "Good!" he praises. "And you haven't hurt yourself or starved yourself?" "No." I deny. It was true. I hadn't done any of that. Everyone had kept me running like a fine steam train. I was free.

"I'm so proud of you for not relapsing." he tells me in a genuine tone. "I know how much of a tough ride it's been for you, cupcake, and you've remained strong." "Roger's my strength." I blissfully beam. "Aww." he coos. "I'm so happy that you're finally feeling your best." "I am too." I murmur happily. "I feel more alive. More euphoric. I didn't think I would see the day I would feel this way without drugs." "Well, you've proved yourself wrong then, haven't you, cupcake?" he winks. "I sure have." I nod proudly. "I sure have..."

***

"𝐄𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐡'𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞!" 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 to me. "Well, she's a downright better sight than the rest of them all." I giggle. "Where the bloody hell are they?" "God knows, Fred's probably dragged them all to a flea market or something." Roger quips as he buzzes Elizabeth up. "Today is going to be a great day, bubba, I can feel it." I predict. "It is!" he agrees opening the door a jar. "Just like it was yesterday, and how it will be tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that." He plants a small smooch on my lips as she walks in with 5 garment bags folded over her arm. "Damn, are you okay with those?" he questions. "They seem heavy." "I've been a single mother for years and I've opened my own fashion line ─ I can handle it." she winks. "Of course you can." I giggle while rushing to hug her.