𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

Warning(s): swearing, angst, father and daughter therapy, outrageous freddie, drugs mentioned, alcohol mentioned, addiction mentioned <3

"𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩"

"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 don't wanna leave this until tomorrow?" Roger questions me. "No, the sooner the better." I sigh. "I'm gonna go into that house, not kick off, and hug my mum and my... dad. Holy fuck, that feels weird to say." "Do you want me to come in with you?" he asks. "-Sorry, I should stop being so suffocating." "No..." I grab his hand from the steering wheel into mine. "I want you to come in with me, in case I fly off the handle again" We both let out a small chuckle and climb out the vehicle.

Every step to the door, I felt like sick with worry that mum would turn me away, but I put all of my anxiousness behind me and held my head up high. "Ready?" he queries. "Mhm." I hum and knock with the door knocker. Prepare yourself, Lolly, prepare for whatever happens. The door opens, and there she is, the mother I haven't seen for about a week. "Lolly?" she murmurs. "Hey, mamma." I smile sweetly. Next thing I knew, she launched her whole body towards me and caught herself around my shoulders. "Woah, mum!" "I'm just so glad to see you." she sobs. I smile contently, "I'm glad to see you, too."

"Roger!" she cheers and goes to hug him. "Caz!" he chirps as he catches her. "I hope you took care of my babygirl." she states. "I did." he promises. As I watch the two, I sense a movement at the corner of my eye inside the house. I avert them to the culprit and there he was, the man that has been gone my whole life. I give a small nod to acknowledge the man, "Dad." Mum lets go of Roger and turns as my dad also nods at me, "Willow." "Come in, kids. I'll get the tea going." mum smiles and the three of us pile into my childhood home.

Me, Roger and dad sit ourselves down on the sofas, until my boyfriend announces, "Actually, I'm gonna go help your mum." Before I could object, he was already up and walking inside the kitchen. I guessed he did it so dad and I could talk it out ourselves before mum's hormones kicked in. "Dad, I'm sorry." I was the first to speak. "I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. Like I'm 24 and I reacted like a reckless 16 year old." "Don't apologise." he shakes his head. "If I didn't leave all of those years ago, you wouldn't have done it. And you would've known about your BPD sooner, too." I gave him a confused frown. "It's genetic... from me."

"I did sometimes wonder where it came from." I whisper. "Is mine the same as yours?" "It's around the same level, yeah." he nods. Silence overtakes us and the only sound was the kettle boiling on the hob, until he speaks up again, "You know why I had to to leave, don't you?" I nod sadly, "Yeah, I didn't at first, but I do now. It wasn't your fault and I should've realised that. Mum told me that you moved to the countryside to get away from it all and that's probably the best decision. I'm guessing addiction help wasn't big back then." "The best they had for treatment was Electroshock Therapy." he rolls his eyes. "I'd rather be in a greener environment than having over 100 volts sent through my body to 'help' me."