𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐓𝐨𝐨 𝐒𝐨𝐨𝐧

"𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠"

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝟒:𝟑𝟐 𝐚.𝐦 precisely when the telephone at Roger and Lolly's flat began to ring. Roger was the one who got up to answer it, hoping it wasn't too serious, meanwhile Lolly patted the spot next to her so Lady would snuggle up with her. "Lolly!" Roger shouts in a whisper. "Hm?" she murmurs with her eyes still closed. "We've got to get down to the hospital." he sits himself down on the bed to stroke her hair. Her eyes finally open at the worrying sentence, she pushes herself up with her eyes slightly squinted, "What's going on?" "It's Darcy, she's gone into labour." he quietly tells her. Lolly frowns, it was confusion and panic, "She isn't due for another 3 months..." "I know..." he mutters. "They've taken her down for an immediate Caesarean according to John,  the baby is coming now." "Oh, my god." her breath shakes. "No one else answered the phone when he rang. I said we'd go down there." he explains.

"Of course." she nods already moving out of the bed. "Did he say what caused it?" "No, he'll probably tell us when we're down there." he comments. The pair hurriedly got ready, putting on anything that they first laid their eyes on, it mainly consisted of unwashed clothes but they didn't care, as if it was the first thing they were bothered about. Lolly quickly gave Lady a kiss goodbye and they finally left for Queen Charlotte's hospital. "I just can't believe it." she whispers. "I thought she was doing good, she was doing better than good!" "It could be stress." Roger suggests. "It's not like she hasn't been under it for a few months. John being gone for months on end, the pregnancy itself and keeping it a secret for as long as they did, it was bound to do something to her." "Those poor guys." she sighs, slight tears welling at the thought of two of her dear friends in distress.

"Hey," Roger reaches over and takes her hand to calm her, that being the best he could do. "they're going to be all right, her and the baby." "How low is the survival rate of premature babies?" she asks in a daze. "Don't think about that." he orders. "This baby is going to live. They're gonna grow up with their mum and dad, as well as their aunts and uncles with no problem at all." She smiles over at him, the tears still shimmering in her eyes, "With Lady?" He nods with a content curve in the lips, "With Lady."

***

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 5 A.M and the couple had finally arrived at the hospital, charging through the corridors to locate the maternity ward as well as John. "Place is like a bloody maze." Roger curses underneath his breath. "Look, he's there!" she points to a lonesome man staring at the floor with a coffee in his hand, the really disgusting hospital kind of coffee. "Deaky!" She didn't care how loud she was, all that mattered was her was cheering up her bandmate and best friend, one of them at least. He stood up and put his coffee down on the seat next to him as Lolly rushed towards him to give him the biggest hug. "I'm so sorry this is happening to you, Deaks." she whispers. "Thank you." he could barely get out. "Sorry, mate." Roger repeats the same action his girlfriend did. "Have they told you anything?"