fifty - nine ; where you lead

I have a dream, a song to sing, to help me cope with anything...

"You know, this is the song I auditioned for glee club with."

Rosy was sitting in the passenger's seat of Finn's truck, keeping him company as he cleaned it out, something he'd been promising Rachel he'd do for weeks now. She had agreed that they would drive away from the wedding in his truck and not her car since Finn's legs cramped if he sat in her tiny car for too long, but she had insisted that she would not be sitting in his car in her wedding dress if there were still french fries stuffed in the cracks between the seats. Finn had invited Rosy to keep him company and had bribed her by saying she could pick the music so she had brought all of her ABBA CDs.

"Really?" Finn asked, from where he was running a mini vacuum cleaner over the floor beneath the passenger seat and Rosy lifted her legs up so they were out of the way.

"Uh-huh. What about you, what song did you audition with?" Rosy asked, shifting onto the console in the middle when Finn began to clean the seat as well.

"I never really auditioned for glee club, Mr. Schue just found drugs in my locker and then blackmailed me into joining the club," Finn said with a shrug, as if that was a normal, everyday occurrence, and Rosy laughed.

"I can't believe he did that," Rosy said and Finn laughed too, shaking his head.

"Yeah, me neither," Finn said, pulling a damp rag out of his pocket and gently pushing Rosy into the driver's seat so he could wipe down the console.

"You know, I still remember the first day I met you. Like the first day, I properly met you." Rosy said as she watched him clean.

"It was in the theater, right?" Finn asked and Rosy nodded.

"Yup. We were singing 'You're The One That I Want' and it was your first glee rehearsal and we were standing next to each other and I remember saying something about Rachel being irritating and you laughed and I smiled at you and then...and then the rest is just history, I guess," Rosy said with a shrug and there was silence between them for a second as they thought back to that day. Finn still looked the same, still a gazillion feet tall and always with a small half-smirk on his face, but he had changed so much on the inside and Rosy couldn't be prouder of him. They had both changed, ever since that day in the theater when their friendship had first started.

"You know, I was friends with Puck and Mike before glee club, but we weren't really friends, you know?" Finn said, breaking the silence, and Rosy looked up at him. "You were my first real friend, Rosy," Finn said and Rosy felt tears well up in her eyes at his words.

"You were my first real friend too," Rosy said and she reached across the console to hug him tightly, burying her face in his shoulder and getting his shirt a bit wet. Finn let out a small laugh and pulled back, reaching forward to brush the tears from her face.

"Okay, no more crying," Finn said and Rosy nodded.

"No more crying," She agreed, wiping her eyes.

"You wanna drive around together one last time, listening to ABBA?" Finn asked and Rosy laughed.

"I hope you know that just because you're graduating doesn't mean you're going to get out of our ABBA car rides. That's still going to be a thing until we're fifty," Rosy promised and Finn laughed.

"Yeah, but you know what I mean," Finn said and Rosy nodded before climbing out of the driver's seat so they could switch places and she took her spot in his passenger's seat, one of her favorite places in the world.

"Okay, one last ride," Rosy said, as Finn climbed into the driver's seat beside her, and he nodded.

"One last ride. Let's go, Sparky," He said and she groaned at the nickname.