thirty - two ; queens who rule the land

Rosy was at her locker trying to reach for a textbook on the top shelf when someone grabbed it for her and she turned to see Sam holding it.

"Thanks," She said, taking it from him with a smile.

"No problem." He said and she shut her locker door before turning to face him.

"What's up?" Rosy asked and he shrugged.

"Oh, nothing much. Are you going to that party at Rachel's house this weekend?" Sam asked and Rosy rolled her eyes before shaking her head.

"No way, three of the people I'm currently avoiding are going to be there." Rosy reminded him and Sam nodded as they began to walk down the hallway together.

"Yeah, I figured you weren't gonna go. Do you have any plans for that night?" Sam asked and Rosy shook her head.

"No, not really, I'm probably just gonna be hanging out at home, maybe watch a movie with my brother. Why?" Rosy asked and Sam shrugged.

"I don't know, I wasn't planning on going to the party either so I was thinking that maybe we could keep each other company." Sam said, shoving his hands into his pockets and Rosy nodded.

"Yeah, sure, you wanna come over?" Rosy asked and Sam shook his head.

"Actually I was thinking maybe we could go to the movies instead." Sam said and Rosy stopped in the middle of the hallway, turning and looking at him in surprise.

"Like a date?" Rosy asked, eyebrows raised and Sam's eyes went wide.

"What? No! Why would you think that?" Sam asked and Rosy shrugged, amused at his discomfort.

"Well I don't know, it's only gonna be the two of us and we're going to the movies which is where most first dates take place." Rosy explained and Sam shook his head.

"Well it's not a date, I have a girlfriend, remember?" Sam said and Rosy nodded slowly as they began to walk again.

"Right, that's still going on." Rosy said, pushing the feeling of uneasiness that sat in her stomach away and Sam nodded.

"Yeah." There was a moment of silence between them as they continued to walk, neither looking at each other. "Did you want it to be date?" Sam asked quietly and Rosy looked up at him in surprise.

"What? Of course not!" Rosy said as they came to a stop in front of her class.

"Good."

"Great."

"Well I guess I'll see you Friday then." Sam said, readjusting the strap of his backpack on his shoulder.

"Yup, I'll see you then."

。.☆.。

"Okay, what do you guys think?"

It was Friday evening and Kurt, Blaine, and Cal were all sitting on Rosy's bed in a row while she stood in front of them in a pair of ripped jeans, a gray sweater, and a pair of wedge boots.

"You look great." Blaine said and Cal nodded but Kurt shook his head.

"You look great, yes, but no sweater. Wear a t-shirt." Kurt instructed and Rosy looked down at her sweater in surprise before looking up at Kurt again.

"But it's the middle of February." Rosy reminded him.

"Exactly, so that way when you're cold, Sam can offer you his jacket." Kurt explained and Rosy rolled her eyes.

"For the millionth time, Kurt, this isn't a date!" Rosy said and Kurt held up his hands in surrender.

"I never said it was!"