thirty - four ; turning tables

Rosy was sitting on her kitchen counter in her pajamas, a cup of coffee in hand, when Jesse walked in that morning. He nodded in greeting at her before going over to the coffee machine to make his own cup of coffee. Since Jesse's parents were currently in Chicago for his dad's work, Jesse was staying with the Alvarezs. He had offered to sleep on the couch but Spencer had refused and insisted that Jesse stay with him in his room instead, a demand that Rosy found interesting to say the least considering Spencer had met his girlfriend's parents mere hours before.

"So," Rosy said once Jesse had his own cup of coffee in hand and took a sip from it. "Did you guys have sex last night?" Rosy asked and Jesse spit out his coffee, splattering the cupboard doors and Rosy winced.

"What the fuck, Rosy?" Jesse said, coughing a little.

"Sorry, I didn't think you'd react like that. But did you guys?" Rosy asked and Jesse glared at her as he took a paper towel and began wiping the cupboards.

"No, Rosy, me and you brother did not have sex in his childhood bed in the room right down the hall from your eleven year old brother and your father's bedroom because he has a girlfriend and he isn't a cheater." Jesse said, throwing the paper towel in the trashcan.

"I like how none of those reasons are that you don't have feelings for him anymore." Rosy said, a small smile on her face and Jesse rolled his eyes.

"I don't." Jesse said and Rosy raised her eyebrows at him.

"Really? So you really just came all the way from California to help the New Directions? Your alma mater's competition? Not to keep an eye on my brother and his girlfriend?" Rosy asked and Jesse rolled his eyes again.

"For your information, I was the one who decided to come to Lima first, if anyone followed anyone it was him following me." Jesse said, a smug smirk on his face.

"Fine, then why did you come back to Lima?" Rosy asked, setting her coffee cup down beside her.

"Would you slap me if I said Rachel?" Jesse asked and Rosy glared at him.

"Yes. I might even have to slap you for even suggesting that. Besides, we both know that isn't true." Rosy said and Jesse sighed.

"Well, maybe it's because I missed you. Even though it's embarrassing that one of my best friends is a sophomore in high school." Jesse said and Rosy rolled her eyes.

"As sweet as that is, that's not the reason either." Rosy said and Jesse sighed again.

"I was homeless in California, once I flunked out I wasn't allowed to live on campus anymore so I was just bouncing in between friends' houses and I wanted to come back to my house where I don't have to worry about expenses because I can just use my parents' money." Jesse said, shrugging.

"But you're doing the exact same thing here that you were doing in California, you're staying at a friend's house, our house." Rosy pointed out and Jesse rolled his eyes.

"Well, I would love to go back to my own house but your idiot of a brother won't let me because he says that he doesn't want me to be alone so I'm stuck bunking with him." Jesse explained and Rosy nodded.

"So does his girlfriend know that the guy he's currently sharing a bed with is his ex-almost-fiancé?" Rosy asked and Jesse rolled his eyes.

"No and it's gonna stay that way because Spence doesn't want her to know. There's no reason for her to know anyways, there's nothing between us anymore, we're just friends." Jesse said and Rosy raised her eyebrows at that.

"Are you su-"

"Oh, speak of the devil who won't allow me to stay in my own home!" Jesse said loudly when Spencer walked into the kitchen, cutting Rosy off and giving her a look that very clearly said shut up and Rosy nodded.