Book One: Chapter 6

"Now when I call your name, you will come sit on the stool, and I will place the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses." Said Minnie (that's what I am going to call McGonagall.) "Abbot, Hannah." I tuned out the rest till she said, "Hermione Granger." I heard her muttering to herself.
        "She's Mental." Ron whispered to Harry. I rolled my eyes, punching Ron lightly on his shoulder. "Ow." "she is not mental!" I stated.
        "GRYFFINDOR!!!" The hat called. I clapped and jumped up and down . I zoned out again till I heard,
        "Ronald, Weasly!" Ron face paled and I had to shove him cause he would not move.
        "GRYFFINDOR!" The hat called. I clapped for him to.
       "Harry, Potter." Said Minnie. People started whispering, and it was deadly quite. After what seemed like forever, the hat said,
        "GRYFFINDOR!" I clapped and cheered.
       "Rose Black." Said Minnie. The hall went even quieter then when Harry's name was called. I walked up to the stool and the hat was placed on my head.
       "Ahhh, yes. Another Black, Daughter of the mass murderer Sirius black.'
        "Breath, don't rip the hat to shreds." I kept telling myself.
         'Ahh a bad temper and very sly, you could do well in Slytherine, but you are to kind hearted. But not very shy, no not Hufflepuff. Not a bad mind, but not quite Ravenclaw. Hmmm yes you will do great things, and be a protecter. I say...' "GRYFFINDOR!" The hat shouted. There was a lot of applause from the Gryffindor table as I went towards it. Minnie took the hat of. And I skipped to the Gryffindor table and sat next to Harry.
        "Good job!" Said Harry, smiling at me.
         "Thanks." I said, blushing a bit. After Minnie sat down she clapped her hands. We looked up to the teachers table to see
Professor Dumbledore, standing up.
         "Attention please!" Said Professor Dumbledore, "I have a few announcements before we dig in. First, First years please note that the Dark forest is of limits, for all students." He said flashing a glance to a smirking Fred and George. "Also, please remember that this year the third floor corridor, on the right hand side, is strictly of limits, to all who do not wish to die a most painful death." He said taking a breath. "Thank you, now tuck in!!" And all of a sudden piles of food appeared in front of me. Harry and I's mouths dropped open, and everyone laughed. As I ate I felt like someone was staring at me.
         Me and Harry shared glances and looked at the teachers table. I caught the eyes of a teacher with greasy black hair. Then my scar started hurting along with Harry's. "Ahh!" I said quietly.
         "What is it?" Asked Ron, confused.
          "Nothing." Harry and I said, in unison.