- Chapter 22 -

TW:⚠️Bloodshed and murder is mentioned in this chapter.⚠️

⚠️ Read at your own discretion⚠️

As the debris in the air started to dissipate, I watched Levi get up from the ground and dust himself off. I tried to stand, but every single part of my body was aching. Looks like the energy I had wore off.

I glanced up at the Captain, noticing he was gazing down at me. He turned his body and standing in front of me, he extended his right arm, holding his hand out. I looked at his empty palm, then after a few moments, I lifted my right arm, reached my hand out and grasped his.

With a firm grip, he pulled me up from the ground, helping me get back on my feet. When I steadied myself, he softened his grasp on my hand and eventually let go.

As I stood beside him, I took a good look at my surroundings. From where I was standing, I could see some of the fluorescent lights had been taken out. Through the few light sources that remained, I looked down at the ground and saw small puddles of blood start to leak from the factory ruins. Did they-

"Heeeey! Are you two alright?"

I looked up, faintly seeing Jean and Hange standing by each other on the other side of the broken structure. Sasha, Conny, and the others were approaching them and they all slowly began walking towards Levi and I. He took a few steps forward, awaiting their arrival. I let out a soft sigh in relief. Everyone is safe.

While the scouts were making their way towards Y/N and Levi, an injured Laura was lurking around what remained of the foundation of the factory, looking for the perfect moment to strike.

Hange started to hear a slight crunching sound as she and the others were walking...as if someone was taking fast, strategic steps to sound as quiet as possible. She looked around and soon noticed something shiny reflect from the right corner of her goggles...

By Y/N.

Hange watched as Laura rushed in Y/N's direction, wielding the large knife firmly in her fist.

"Y/N! LOOK OUT!"

Everything happened in the blink of an eye.

Hange ran towards and shoved me away, making me tumble against the rough, rocky ground. I placed my palms onto the pebbly floor, struggling to push myself up.

When I managed to get on my hands and knees, I looked in her direction and in that same moment, my eyes widened in shock.

Laura was standing behind Hange, with a knife shoved into her shoulder.

Hange.

Hange!

"HANGE!!!"

Laura immediately pulled the knife out of Hange's shoulder and made a desperate attempt to flee. Before she could, Levi swiftly tackled her down several feet away from everyone.

Jean quickly caught Hange, stopping her from collapsing onto the floor. I scrambled to get back up and rushed towards her. He got on his knees and turned Hange onto her side. I saw the large tear in her jacket where the wound was. It was slowly starting to soak in blood.

Armin quickly came up to us and knelt down beside me. As fast as he could, he cleared off some of the debris on the ground, then told Jean to carefully lay her down on the now flat surface. Once he did, he took out some medical wrap he had with him, trying to help with the injury.