School Reunion: Part 2

The five sat down in a chip shop. Rose and Mickey grabbing some food while the Doctor and Sarah Jane talk from beside {Y/N} as she fixes K9. 

"I thought of you two on Christmas Day. This Christmas just gone? Great big spaceship overhead. I thought, oh yeah, bet they're up there." Sarah Jane says thoughtfully.

"Right on top of it, yeah." The Doctor says as he holds some wires for {Y/N}.

"And Rose?"

"She was there too." He says as he hands {Y/N} his sonic.

"Did I do something wrong, because you two never came back for me. You just dumped me." Sarah Jane asks sadly.

"We told you. We were called back home and in those days, humans weren't allowed." The Doctor says, looking at Sarah Jane sadly.

"I waited for you both. I missed you." She admits. 

"Oh, you didn't need us. You were getting on with your life." The Doctor smiles, {Y/N} taking some of the wires from his hand.

"You two were my life. You know what the most difficult thing was? Coping with what happens next, or with what doesn't happen next. You both took me to the furthest reaches of the galaxy, you showed me supernovas, intergalactic battles, and then you just dropped me back on Earth. How could anything compare to that?"

"All those things you saw, do you want us to apologise for that?" The Doctor asks confused.

"No, but we get a taste of that splendour and then we have to go back."

"Look at you, you're investigating. You found that school. You're doing what we always did." He chuckles.

"You could have come back."

"We couldn't." The Doctor says sadly, glancing at {Y/N} over K9.

Sarah Jane remembers her earlier conversation, about how {Y/N} was trapped on a Dalek fleet. "It wasn't Croydon. Where you dropped me off, that wasn't Croydon." She distracts. 

"Where was it?"

"Aberdeen."

"Right. That's next to Croydon, isn't it?" The Doctor asks. {Y/N} screws in the last screw and K9 comes back to life.

"Yesss!" {Y/N} says excitedly as she springs up. "Hang on where are we?" The Doctor and Sarah Jane laugh.

"She still does that techno trance?"

"Every single time." The Doctor laughs.

"Master and Mistress"

"He recognises us." The Doctor says, tapping {Y/N}'s shoulder excitedly.

"Affirmative."

"Rose, can I have the oil." {Y/N} asks excitedly.

"I wouldn't touch it, though. That dinner lady got all scorched." Rose says as she hands her the jar.

"We're no dinner lady's. And I don't often say that." The Doctor says as {Y/N} opens the jar. "Oi, no touchy." The Doctor says, taking the jar from her.

"Oh, come on, really." {Y/N} laughs.

"We don't know how much got...changed. I'm not having you burn to a crisp from some jelly." The Doctor states matter of fact as he dips his fingers in the jar. {Y/N} thinks for a moment before sighing in agreement. The Doctor smears the oil on K9's probe. "Here we go. Come on, boy. Here we go."

"Oil. Ex-ex-ex-extract. Ana-ana-analysing."

"Listen to him, man. That's a voice." Mickey laughs.