The Doctor Dances: Part 1

(Edited to fit the new storyline, friends to lovers.)

"Go to your room." The Doctor suddenly says, causing all the patients to freeze. "Go to your room." He says more sternly. "I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go. To. Your. Room!" 

The patients hang their heads and slowly lay back down, leaving {Y/N}, Jack and Rose confused as the Doctor chuckles nervously. "I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words." He smiles.

The four spread out around the room. Rose was knelt beside a patient, Jack had his feet on the desk, the Doctor was standing on the opposite side of the desk looking over the room and {Y/N} was leaning against a wall tiredly. "Why are they all wearing gas masks?" Rose asks.

"They're not. Those masks are flesh and bone." Jack explains.

"How was your con supposed to work?" The Doctor asks.

"Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put fifty percent upfront, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroying it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for; never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con." Jack smiles smugly.

"Yeah. Perfect." The Doctor says sarcastically, staring at Jack.

"Doctor." {Y/N} grumbles, catching his attention. "Calm down, we don't know what's fully happened. Until we do you can't blame people." She mutters, looking at the Doctor with tired eyes. The Doctor looks over her in thought at her current state.

"Thank you. The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day." Jack laughs but stops once he notices the Doctor's glare. "Getting a hint of disapproval."

"Take a look around the room. This is what your harmless piece of space junk did." The Doctor gestures around.

"It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty." Jack defends.

"Rose, {Y/N}." The Doctor calls as he walks towards the doors.

"Are we getting out of here?" Rose asks as she walks after him.

"We're going upstairs." The Doctor turns slightly to see {Y/N} still leaning against the wall, her eyes shut.  "{Y/N}?" He calls again softly, catching her attention. She looks at him for a moment before taking his outstretched hand.

"I even programmed the flight computer so it wouldn't land on anything living. I harmed no one. I don't know what's happening here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it." Jack stood up defensively.

"I'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm clock. It's volcano day." The bomb siren sounds again, causing them all to raise their heads.

"What's that?" Rose asks.

"The all clear." Jack sighs.

"I wish." The Doctor mumbles as he walks through the door, pulling {Y/N} along with him. By the time Rose and Jack follow behind them, the two had already begun climbing the stairs.

"Mister Spock?"

"Doctor?" Jack and Rose shout as they pass the staircase.

"Have you got a blaster?" The Doctor asks, sticking his head over the railing.

"Sure!" Jack smiles as he and Rose begin climbing the stairs.

The Doctor turns to {Y/N} who was sat on the stairs almost dazed. "You seem to be a bit all over the place." He states, crouching down to her level.