The Long Game: Part 2

(Edited to fit the new storyline, friends to lovers.)

The four walk into the lift. "Come on. Come with us." Rose says, waving Cathica over.

"No way."

"Bye!" The Doctor says, waving with a smile on his lips.

"Well, don't mention my name. When you get in trouble, just don't involve me." Cathica leaves frustrated.

"That's her gone. Adam's given up. Looks like it's just us three." The Doctor says happily.

"Yeah."

"You know, you are just mean sometimes." {Y/N} says, shaking her head in amusement. 

"Yep." The Doctor presses the up button and grabs ahold of {Y/N}'s hand as it ascends. The Doctor would grab her hand sometimes. It was relatively normal and friendly, since most of the time they were under stress of deadly danger. 

Recently though, he had begun holding her hand a lot more. {Y/N} wasn't complaining, she likes to hold his hand. It was comforting and made her feel safe, but more importantly and more recently it just felt more...intimate. More than friendly.

A while later the lift stops. The temperature of the room had dropped significantly and snow littered the ground, unlike the floors below.

"The walls are not made of gold. You should go back downstairs." The Doctor says to {Y/N} as he looks over the room.

"Why?" {Y/N} asks confused. 

"Because whatever has invited us up isn't going to be good."

"And your point is. We do this stuff more often than you realize. What's so different now?" {Y/N} asks, looking at the Doctor expectedly.

The Doctor had this feeling. A nagging feeling in him to keep her safe, away from all dangers. It was normal to an extent but this, this was different. It was like he was risking the universe when really it was just her...his best friend. "Nothing's different." He sighs. "It's just-"

"Then let's go see what's happening." She cuts him off. 

{Y/N} and Rose walk into the snowy room, looking around for anything that could explain what's happening in Satellite Five. The Doctor trailing behind, keeping an eye on {Y/N}. Upon wandering around the rooms they find the main control unit.

"I started without you. This is fascinating. Satellite Five contains every piece of information within the Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire. Birth certificates, shopping habits, bank statements, but you three, you don't exist. Not a trace. No birth, no job, not the slightest kiss. How can you walk through the world and not leave a single footprint?" The man standing in the center of the room asks, looking at the three.

Rose spots Suki a few feet away and walks over to her while the Doctor moves beside {Y/N}, glaring at the man. "Suki. Suki! Hello? Can you hear me? Suki? What have you done to her?"

"Rose, she's dead." {Y/N} says sadly, looking at the other people at the controls.

"She's working." Rose says confused.

"They've all got chips in their head, and the chips keep going, like puppets." The Doctor says bitterly.

"Oh! You're full of information. But it's only fair we get some information back, because apparently, you're no one. It's so rare not to know something. Who are you?"

"It doesn't matter because we're off. Nice to meet you. Come on." The Doctor says. He goes to grab Rose's hand when he is suddenly grabbed by two of the controllers. Another two grab onto {Y/N} and pull her away from the Doctor as Suki grabs ahold of Rose's wrist.