Fonder

"Hi," Charlie repeated in a nervous tone.

Nick smiled, his stomach fluttering to hear his boyfriend's voice. "Fuck, I miss you. I should've stayed home. How are you?"

"Fine," Charlie said. "I miss you, too."

Nick ran his fingers through his light hair as he gazed out at the city from his hotel balcony. "No matter where I went, I couldn't get a signal. I only just got to the hotel now."

"It's okay," Charlie assured him. "We knew the signal would be spotty at the vineyard. How did the week of wine tasting go? And the wedding? Sorry, I should have asked about that first."

"Hey!" Nick scolded. "Stop apologising."

Silence rang from Charlie's end of the line. Nick knew he was fighting the urge to apologise again.

"Wine tasting was a mess. My brother got absolutely wasted and got sick everywhere!" Nick laughed. "My new sister-in-law was not pleased and my mum almost had a fit."

Charlie let out a chuckle that warmed Nick's heart.

"And the wedding was beautiful but quite boring without you there to keep me company," he sighed, then rethought his words. "But I'm happy you stayed home. This new job seems good for you and I know it was too early to ask for leave. Plus, my brother is an absolute knob."

"He's not so bad," Charlie said. It was only at this point that Nick could hear the hesitancy in Charlie's voice.

Pursing his lips, Nick wondered, "video chat?"

"...I don't know," Charlie said tentatively. "I look a mess."

"Liar. You look perfect."

This made Charlie laugh. "How would you know? Did you plant cameras in our flat?"

"Yes, actually," Nick joked. "That way I can spy on you whenever I want."

"So, you really are obsessed with me," Charlie jested.

"Guilty," Nick grinned to himself. "Please, Char. I want to see you."

Reluctantly, Charlie agreed. When the video call started, Nick could only see Charlie's silhouette in their dark flat. After switching on a lamp, Charlie rubbed his eyes to wipe away his tears.

Nick furrowed his brow, but did his best not to let his concern show too much. "Char..."

"I'm fine," Charlie insisted. "It's really nothing. Just a long day."

"Are you sure-"

"Nick, I don't wanna talk about it," Charlie snapped.

This was concerning. They talked about everything.

Trying to put on a cheery facade, Charlie tilted his head to the side and sized Nick up. "You got a tan."

Nick chortled. "Was a burn two days ago."

Charlie smirked. "You look really hot right now."

"Well, the temperature is-"

"Shut up!" Charlie smiled. "You know what I mean."

"Well, you look pretty fit, yourself," Nick countered.

Charlie gently bit his bottom lip. "Are you alone?"

Nick nodded, his shorts already getting tighter from his swelling erection. "Very much alone."

"Good. I don't want us to get interrupted."

Breath growing heavier, Nick walked back into his hotel room from the balcony and sat, propped up in his big, lonely bed. Charlie was passive in most aspects of life, but when it came to sex, he was more confident than Nick. Charlie knew what he was doing, knew how to drive Nick crazy with lust, and he knew he was good at it.

"Take off your pants," Charlie instructed.

Nick did as he was told.