Chapter 2

Hridhay

I go through the report for the company's next acquisition and sign it as verified. I place the file on top of other files that are stocked on the table. I look up to find the office is empty except for Darshana who is seriously working on her computer.

I check my watch and it 5displays the time as half past the office hours. I lean back on the chair and watch her through my one way glass door as I twirl my pen with my right hand.

Darshana returned to the office almost two hours later than me. She was very angry when she got out of my car and left in an auto rickshaw. When she didn't arrive within ten minutes of my arrival, though I panicked, I guessed she must have been to that boring art gallery, and when I checked her location, my guess turned correct.

Every employee is provided with a company mobile through which we track their locations, so that we can find out if anyone is siding or sharing information with our competitors. The clause is stated in the company gadgets section of the job contract but many used to oversee that clause or don't care except for Darshana.

Before signing the contract and meeting me, she read every single word and clarified her doubts with the HR. The one quality in her that impressed me even before meeting her was her straightforward attitude. But when I learned she was the same person who threw coffee at me in the cafeteria, I lost it.

No girl has ever behaved with me with such an attitude, like she did. A long time back, on the last day of my college, I visited her house with her father who happened to be my favourite professor. Only that time, I saw a partial image of her before her mother sent her to her room as we were a group of boys visiting their house.

But the first time when I met her face to face was the instant she threw coffee on me. When she held my hand and turned me to face her, the cup of my coffee fell down and before it could reach down she threw her coffee at me.

I just spilled a little of my coffee but she threw her entire coffee due to which I had to walk drenched in coffee in front of my employees and take a bath. Her father, Jaganathan sir was such a sweet person and he asked me to give her a job so that she stops visiting the art gallery, going behind some artist and wasting her life. I agreed and he also asked me to take care of her.

I thought I would take her under my wing and guide her, in a way she fully concentrates on her career and life. So when I learned that she is Darshana, I couldn't fire her due to my promise to her father and had to tolerate her. I planned to chase her away on her own by stressing her workload. But with her daring, rebellious, strong headed, challenging attitude she crossed every hurdle and shined.

If she was someone else, I could have fucked the rebellion out of her but she is the one girl who will be unrequitable.

I ring to her and she looks up at me before walking up to my cabin and knocking on the door. Though the glasses are one way mirrors, I have always had the feeling that she sees through them at me but sometimes her scowls and eye rolls get me back to reality.

"You haven't left?"

"I have some pending work to be finished and my boss doesn't like excuses," she crosses her arms against her check and I avert my eyes from looking at her chest. In the two and half years of her service, today was the first time we both stood so close in the lift that our breaths collided.

"Take these files and get me a coffee," I pointed out the signed stacks of files.

"Are you staying back?" She walks towards my relaxation room to make me coffee.

"Aren't you questioning me a lot, today?" She always asks doubts but today she is questioning me as if she is my boss.

"Coz, you are doing a lot of strange things, today," She speaks loudly from the relaxation room and I walk up to her.