Chapter 14

~~~~~~~~

Hey Lovelies,

As it's a double update please read Chapter 13 before continuing

~~~~~~~~

Darshana

A letter addressed to me from Beguile Museums and Gallery.

Girish anna has my number and in the past one year, I have enquired about Veda's status to him through phone call if I could go directly. If anything important, he could call me directly.

Why is he sending me a letter which he has never done in the past two years since he knew me?

Is Veda fine after the fire accident?

In these two years, I have never received a letter from him. I open the letter, hurriedly and when I see the greeting and the signature on the letter my heart beat increases making my hands tremble.

The signature from where everything started and ended.

My dear Aesthete, Darshana

I have never written any letter in my life before or spoken with someone other than my mother, caretaker, driver, doctor and Girish. So, please pardon me and try to understand it clearly if I couldn't express myself correctly.

I know that he has never stepped into the outside world but I never knew that he would start the letter so sweetly. For someone like me who has always seen the formal business letters, this feels pleasant.

Though I'm not sure, from when you are following my work, I know you since a couple of days after you sneaked into my house.

I gape at the revelation.

So he has known me for almost two years?

Did he know about my secret?

There are CCTV cameras with a microphone in the gallery including the curator room and I have access to all of it. I watched Girish confronting you about you sneaking into my house. I have also seen you standing in front of my paintings and admiring them for long hours.

I sigh relieved as I gratefully didn't blabber to Girish anna about what I saw that day like I did to Hridhay, today. Though Hridhay didn't like him, he took the information light-heartedly as he is my friend. But if Veda had known it, I would have died of embarrassment.

I'm sorry that I never responded to you or let you meet me but I was bound by a promise to my mother.

Bound by a promise?

I had a rough childhood and to save me from it, my mom had sacrificed a lot.

Inadvertently, my eyes went towards Hridhay's cabin. Though I cannot see him through the one way mirror now, I saw the effects of his rough childhood a couple of days back.

Why did the men around me have to go through a rough childhood?

She was the last painting I drew a couple of days before she died and I had to set fire to her body with my own hands that produced the art she loved and protected. If someone who loved and cared about my artistry after her, it's YOU.

After seeing his paintings burn in front of my eyes, I know how it feels to see something which is a solace to us burning down. But it was his mother and his pain could have been more than mine.

I have seen you shedding tears for me when I couldn't draw anymore. With my promise to my mother, I couldn't come out or let you in. But after seeing the visuals of you running into the fire, risking your life to save my paintings despite knowing that they are display copies, I couldn't stop myself.