Chapter 54

Hridhay

How am I going to erase the love for Veda in her heart and make Darshana love me?

I resumed the voice note to listen to what Veda had to say. "Naan ipo mudhalum kadasiyum ah unkita onnu kekuren. Naan erkanave Darshana kita Beguile relaunch ku previous day athavathu November 15 aniku naan yaaru nu solitu propose pannalam nu irunthen." I stood up in shock.

Why did he choose that day?

"Ipovum naan antha decision la strong ah iruken. Unaku athu varaikum thaan time athukula Darshana kita namma rendu perum yaaru nu solidu." I started pacing across the living room as I continued to listen to him. "She deserves to know the truth. Unnoda friend kita innum evlo naal unna pathina unmai ah maraika pora? Avaluka therinju namma rendu peraiyum vitu velagurathu kula you can save everything. Entha naal namma pirinjom oh, entha naal ennoda santhosham ellam ezhanthu 14 varusham antha veetu kula modangi irunthen oh, athe naal enaku ellam thirumba venum." His voice broke again. My chest tightened and I stopped in my tracks.

"Neeyum venum. Thirupi tharuva nu nenaikuren. Athu kaaga nee ennai ketalum paravala. Nee enaku kodutha compensation amount la kooda naan kai veikala atha eduthuko, ennoda Beguile irukurathu unaku pidikalala atha kooda eduthuko enna venum naalum paniko, amma oda memories iruka intha veeta kooda eduthuko. Aana unaiyum Darshana va mattum enaku thirupi kodu pothum. Please... Ennala ithuku meri neenga rendu perum illama iruka mudiyathu. Ithana varusham naan amma kooda irunthen nu mattum thaan peru aana avanga ovoru ovoru naalum unnai nenachu thaan azhutu irunthanga. Darshana vantha apo thaan enakaaga oruthi ennai pathhi nenaikura oruthi vantha nu santhosham patten. Aana ipo intha veedu intha thanimai ennai konnutu iruku." He let out a loud scream in the end and the voice note ended abruptly. I felt weak on my knees and I dropped back on the sofa.

My mother was crying for me everyday? I planned to snatch Darshana and Beguile away from him but when Darshana left him and he is ready to give away Beguile to get her and me back, what can I snatch from him?

But why did Darshana leave him despite her love for him?

I checked the time and it's already thirty past eight. By now Darshana should be here but she is not. I left my apartment and got into the elevator to reach her floor. When I exited the elevator, the employees who were living on the same floor and leaving for work saw me and greeted me. I greeted them back but marched towards Darshana's apartment. I pressed on the doorbell and banged on the door but there was no response from inside.

The residents of the floor watched me but I didn't give a damn. I kept ringing the doorbell and banging on the door. "Darshi, neethu enna nadanthuchu nu enaku theriyum. Veda ve enaku solitan. Thayavu senju kathava thora, I just want to check on you please. Ipo nee thorakala naan kathava..." The door opened and looking at the state of Darshana, my heart broke.

Her eyes were swollen and tears stained her cheeks. "Check panitala ipo kelambu." She tried to shut the door on my face but I overpowered her and entered her apartment, closing the door behind me.

"Darshi, what have you done to yourself?" I took a step towards her but she stepped back. "Nee avana love panum pothu yen avana vitutu vantha?" She looked at me in shock and her body trembled as a cry broke out from her. I went and hugged her and she cried in my arms. Her body felt warm against mine and I pulled her away from me to check whether she had a fever but she fainted in my arms.

"Darshi... Darshi..." I lifted her in my arms and carried her to her bed. I rushed to the kitchen, pitched a glass of water, returned to her and sprinkled water on her face, forcely. I patted her cheeks and she opened her eyes. She looked tired at me and closed her eyes. "Nee inga irunthu po, Hridhay." She spoke in a very low voice.