Chapter 48

Hridhay

Enakku nu enga irunthu thaan pudusu pudusa molachu varangalo.

The past two weeks were a hellbreak with all the paperworks, meetings and internal auditing as we submitted our half yearly financial reports, today. One moment, I feel like sighing a relieved breath as the month of September has come to end but the other moment, it chokes me as there is only three more months for Darshana to stay in the company.

Yes, she has kissed Veda and there is a special glow in her face, her eyes along with her lips always holding a smile. But she hasn't said anything regarding her change in decision about leaving at the end of the contract. We both are pretty much pretending as if we don't remember our Sunday night conversation after returning from Vallavarayapuram.

Neither did she nor I brought up the topic on Veda but her face tells everything. She seems so happy with the change of equation in her relationship with him. But it both wants me to destroy his happiness and treasure hers at the same. I just hope that once in my life, God gives me a chance of happiness. Veda has never made a mistake so far but I wish he does. Until then, I decided to stay silent, waiting for the time to move my cards. But I never expected my professor to throw a twist ball.

On Wednesday, when I was going through financial sheets, I received a call from him. "Hello sir, solunga enna vishayam. Darshi, phone ethachem edukalaiya?" I looked at her through the glass in the cabin door.

"Illa Hridhay unkita pesanum nu thaan call pannen. Free ah?" He replied from the other end and I looked at the file I was going through. Though I'm busy, for everything he has done for me, anything can wait. "Free thaan, Sir. Sollunga."

"Daru ku oru alliance vanthu irukku." My phone almost slipped out of my hand. "Friday evening antha paiyan Daru va meet pannum nu keetu irukan. Neeyum Daru vum ipo nalla friends thaane nee konjam avaluku eduthu soli kooda kotitu poga mudiyum ah?"

"Sir, naan eppadi?" I have already let the girl I want to go and meet the person she had a crush on which has now turned into something more.

Now, Jaganathan Sir wants me to take her to meet a prospective groom?

"Naanga paakanum nu paakala, Hridhay. Lakshmi oda akka kita avanga soli vechu engaluku suggestion pannanga."

Whoever that aunty was, thank to her for increasing my problems more.

"Seri nu parents kita pesi pathom. Family background and status ellam match aachu athan seri meet panalam nu. Aana paiyan family ah meet panrathuku munnadi Daru va thaniya meet pananum nu kekura pola. Daru kita takku nu sonna purinjika mata, pogavum maata. Nee ava friend naala sonna purinjipa athu mattum illama theriyatha paiyan ah eppadi thaniya paaka anupa mudiyum?"

And you are planning to marry your daughter to the same stranger.

I wanted to deny it but a thought occurred to me. He could have asked Darshi's female friends to do this. But there has to be some reason for him to ask me the favour. Maybe he is still not able to trust that guy and needs a Chaperone for his daughter.

But I decided to change it in my favour. "Okay, Sir. Neenga antha paiyan oda CV sorry Bio-data iruntha anupi vidunga. Darshi kita pesa easy ah irukkum."

"Thanks a lot, Hridhay."

"Sir, please do not mention. Neenga enakaaga evlo pani irukenga. Athuku ithu ellaam onnum kedaiyathu, Sir." I didn't accept his thanks because I have a plan against his plan.

"Okay, pa. Naan bio-data share panren." He disconnected the call. A couple of seconds later, I received a document to my WhatsApp. I read the guy's bio-data and a wicked smile formed on my face. I forwarded the file to Ashok and called him to work out the plan.