Chapter 32

Hridhay

She has been a time pass player. How will she win me within a day?

I put on my shoes and tied the lace tight. I wore the headband and wrist band around my forehead and wrist before walking out of my room.

There is only five minutes for eight and if she reaches early, she would taunt me for that too.

The security alarm beeped as Darshana opened the door and entered my penthouse. Ashok followed her and I looked at him surprised. "Sunday aniku unaku inga enna vela?" I asked him.

"Unga match ku referee um audience um venam ah?" He shrugged, inserting his hands in his pockets.

"Are you ready, Mr. State Player?" Darshana crossed her arms, looking at me with a challenge.

"Born ready, Ms. Overconfident." I'm not taking a step back from taunting her back.

Glaring at me, she walked towards the balcony and Ashok and I followed her out, taking the basketball with us. She kept her water bottle and face towel on the bench placed inside of the nets and outside of the border line of the court. Darshana gave her mobile to Ashok and unzipped her sports jacket.

Ashok pocketed her phone and went to stand in the centre of the court but I stood there frozen. She was wearing yoga pants and now after removing the sports jackets, she is in her tank tops. The combo hugs every inch of her curvy body and makes it hard... I mean, it's going to make it hard for me to play.

Ashok whistled and Darshana walked towards him, tying her hair in a high ponytail. I just want to wrap that hair around my wrist as I... I shook my head to stop the imaginations forming in my head and joined Ashok and Darshana.

Enna nammalum avala mari agitom.

"5 chances, yaaru athiga goals score panrangalo avanga thaan winner. Ball court lines thandi vliya poga koodathu atha thavira no other rules. Intha oru hoop ah mattum thaan use pannanum." Ashok showed the hoop behind him.

"No other rules?" Ashok and Darshana shook their heads and I smiled with triumph.

I can easily irk Darshana and win this game.

Ashok whisked the ball into the air and I jumped to bounce it under my control. I turned and landed with the ball in my hand and bounced with my right hand. The next moment Darshana was opposite me trying to snatch the ball. I bounced the ball alternating between my hands, right to left and left to right.

Darshana forwarded her right hand like snatching my ball but used her left hand in grabbing the ball. I looked at her shocked but she bounced the ball with her left hand, turning front and scoring a goal.

This technique is... No, it cannot be.

I collected myself quickly and snatched the ball before it reached the ground or her hand. I made a mistake by taking her lightly and she proved that she knows my tricks. Now, I have to play an offensive game to get a score or win her. I don't give her space to come in front of me as I power bounce and turn only to hoop the ball.

"1 All" Ashok announced behind us but Darshana was quick to grab the ball and I went to my defence position. I went to her front to block her from passing the ball to the loop but when she looked up into my eyes, all sense of mine came to a halt. Instead of concentrating on the ball like a beginner, she expertly looked into my eyes, challengingly as she handled the ball.

She used my moment of distraction and pushed the ball sideways, ducked under my arm and hooped the ball. "2-1." Ashok blew the whistle and brought me out of my distraction.