Chapter 13

Darshana

Let's walk backwards for our own good... .. Ammaeyyyy

I lean up and rub my back as I hear Hridhay laughing out loud. "Unna yaaru reverse gear pootu vanthu vizha sonna?" He gives me his hand to help me stand up but I shove his hand away. (Who asked you to walk backwards and fall?)

"Apo first ye pathana vizhurathuku munnadi vanthu pudika vendiyathu thaane." I stood up without his help. (If you saw me entering, why didn't you come to hold me before I fell?)

"Aama ivanga periya serial heroine slow motion la vizhurathu kulla naan hero maari gravity ah oppose panitu vanthu pudikanum. Ithu reality ma." He places his coat on the backrest of the couch and walks towards the kitchen. (You are speaking as if you are a daily soap heroine who falls in slow motion and I'm the hero who can oppose gravity and run to save you. This is real life.)

"Ellam unnala thaan ennoru vaati nee ethuvum paakatha mari pathukuren nu solitu. Neethu just miss uh." I pull the chair near the kitchen counter and sit on it. (All because of you, you said that you'll be careful and won't let me witness anything. But yesterday it was a close call.)

"Nee briefing ku varum pothu thaan naan sonnen. Neethu nee afternoon la vantha. Seri stitches potu fifty hours yeh ayiduchu nu kulika poonen. Unna yaaru bedroom kula varum pothu knock panama vara sonna?" He wears the apron and starts picking ingredients for cooking his breakfast. (I said that for the schedule briefing in the morning but you came in the afternoon. Since it has been fifty hours after getting stitched, I thought about having a bath. Who asked you to enter my bedroom without knocking?)

Since he obeyed us and stayed home, I went to the office, finished the pending works, attended a couple of meetings on his behalf and took notes. During lunch hour, I thought of dropping the files he had to sign and update him about the meetings. When I entered the house, he was nowhere in the living room or kitchen. So I thought he must be sleeping like Sunday night and entered his bedroom.

Gratefully, I was a second early, else he would have dropped his towel and I would have seen him butt naked. Also thankfully, he was facing the other way, else I would have... No, I don't want to think about it. I screamed and he held the towel tight around him. I turned around, left the files on the dining table and ran out of his penthouse before he came out. But since Friday, I have been escaping within a millisecond gap.

"Panamaaram mari valanthu irukiye change pannum pothu door lock pannanum arivilla?" I scold him and murmur to myself as I take out the iPad and open his today's schedule "Ellarum en munnadi ye vanthu towel ah thoranthu Jab Se Tere Naina nu pose thareenga." (You have grown up tall like a palm tree but don't you have the sense of locking the door when you change?) (Everyone is opening their towel in front of me and posing in the Jab Se Tere Naina song style.)

"Nee varen nu enaku phone pani soniya?" I shake my head with a pout at him. "Enaku nee vara porathu theriyathu. En mela thapu illa." He stops chopping vegetables and looks at me. "Aama ellarum un munnadi ye vanthu Jab Se Tere Naina nu pose tharanga nu sonniye appo nee ithe veliyatha suthitu irukiya?" My eyes go wide and I look at him shocked. (Did you call to inform me that you are coming here? I didn't have any idea about it. So there is no mistake from my end. Wait a minute. Did you just say that everyone is opening their towel in front of you and posing in Jab Se Tere Naina style? So your part-time job is sneaking into other's bedrooms.)

"Unakku eppadi theriyum?" I close my face with my iPad. (How did you know?)

"Neethaan ippo sonna." He laughs hysterically. "Ohh nee mind voice nu nenachu sathama pesitiya?" He places the knife down on the kitchen counter and leans his hands on the counter, laughing. "Adipaavi," He closes his mouth with his hands. "Onnum theriyatha papa maari moonja vechutu enna enna vela paathu iruka nee, Kedi." He crouches on the floor, holding the edges of the counter and laughs loud. (Just now you said. Ohh, you voiced your thoughts out loud? OMG! With an innocent child-like face you are doing all the uninnocent things.)