Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~
Hey Lovelies,
I'm back with an updated. For those who didn't know, I was sick and took a break but I'm feeling good now.
To compensate it's a double update, continue to read the next chapter too
~~~~~~~~~~

Darshana

Why Hridhay hates Veda's painting so much?

Hridhay is my boss and Veda is my favourite artist but I never thought I could ever get caught up in the crossfire. In the two and half years since I have known Hridhay, I only knew he hated paintings but only today, I learnt that he hates Veda's paintings the most.

My arms ache at the spot where he gripped me tight. For these two and a half years he has tried all his ways to make me quit the job. He has pressurised me with loads of work and made me run behind him by purposely walking fast. But he never manhandled me until the day of the acquisition meeting with Ranvijay. Today he just crossed all the barriers by gripping on my arms and screaming at me.

He has just finished his speech and Ranvijay is speaking of his fake happiness regarding the merger but Hridhay is glaring at Veda's painting opposite to him. I look at the beautiful painting and the painting which anger him gives me peace and strength.

I take my mobile and send a message to Hridhay.

Me: You are glaring at the painting for a long time but it looks like you are not happy with the merger. Photos and Videos are being taken, please keep a happy face.

Hridhay jerks as his phone vibrates and he checks his message. He looks up at me before he starts typing and my mobile vibrates with his message.

A-Hridhay: Are you worried that I might look unhappy in the photos or that I'm glaring at your favourite artist's painting?

Seriously??

Me: OK fine. Keep your face like a ginger eating monkey. I don't care.

Hridhay looked at me shocked from his mobile and I realised what I had done in a moment of anger.

A-Hridhay: Did you just call me monkey?

I try not to show the fear on my face.

Intha mari nerathula veerainga ellam enna soluvanga theriyum ah. *Tha pathukalam

Me: Are you going to take disciplinary action against me and fire me?

I look up at him challengingly and he glares back at me before smiling at me wickedly. I know that he could never fire me, if he does he will lose the challenge. But in my frustration, I just gave him an opportunity on a golden platter by calling him a monkey.

Will he complain to the HR team like a Kindergarten kid? Possibly not...

A vibration in my phone brings me out of my thoughts.

A-Hridhay: Is this smile enough?

I look up at him and he acts normal. I don't reply but turn off my mobile screen and prepare myself to go up the stage to call the Operations Head to speak next. After his speech and Q&A session, the press meet ends without any hindrance.

I request everyone to join for dinner before leaving to the washroom connected to the banquet hall. I lift my bell sleeves and check on the spot where Hridhay gripped me. I open the small first aid box that I always carry in my handbag and take out the antiseptic cream to apply on the impression of his fingers and nail marks.

I walk back to the banquet hall and see Hridhay is drinking at one of the bars instead of giving bytes to the video reporters. I walk up to him and stand beside but his eyes are fixated on the paintings.