Chapter 67

~~~~~~
Sorry for the delay oru chinna crisis
~~~~~~

"Mr Hridhay, AEH is nearing its fiftieth's anniversary and you are marking your territory in every possible field. Are you planning to transform AEH into a conglomerate?"

"We are just going with the flow." I answered the reporter at the financial report announcement press meet and nodded at my secretary.

"One last question and we are winding up the session." I mentally rolled my eyes as I asked her to wind up but she is allowing for yet another question.

No one can ever replace Darshana.

She was my only secretary who understood my simple gestures and handled things accordingly. This one is the twentieth secretary in the five years after she quit and I really miss her in these situations. She tolerated me and won her challenge by staying here for three years but her successors are unable to withstand the minimal pressure for three months.

From the time she threw coffee at me to her farewell, every moment of her is etched in my heart.

"A question out of AEH." My forehead frowned but I nodded at the reporter. "When can we expect Veda's next painting collection?"

"Well," I smiled at her as I thought for a moment. "Most probably on the day of the fiftieth anniversary."

Girish thanked and requested everyone to join for lunch. I clarified a few doubts and diverted some queries to my subordinates while we had our lunch. After the last media person left, Ashok, Girish, my secretary and I got into the elevator.

"Do we have any other important meetings today?" I asked my secretary.

"No, sir. That's all for today, but you have a couple of files to sign." She replied after checking her iPad.

"I'll sign them tomorrow." The elevator stopped at the C-suite floor and we exited the elevator.

"But sir..." She tried to say something but Ashok interrupted her. "En nee enna pona pora?"

"Veetuku pogalam nu iruken." I patted his shoulder as I walked towards my section to retrieve my bag.

"Ippova?" Girish looked at me with shock. "It's just 2 pm."

"I'm drained, I need Selvam Anna's coffee. Konjam rest eduthutu new collection ku drawing panna, I'll be relaxed." They both nodded curtly without a word and walked towards their section. "Call my driver and ask him to get the car ready." I instructed my secretary before entering my cabin to get my bag and went to the basement parking through the elevator. The driver was waiting for me and he drove me towards my house. We crossed the lane that leads to Arunachalam Housing Building and drove towards the Beach House.

Though this house took away my precious ones, it still gave me the life I'm living now.

Everything started and ended here.

Selvam anna opened the door and got my bag from my hand "Coffee potu kondu varatum ah thambi?" He asked me as I entered the house.

"Please, Anna." I hurriedly nodded at him as I removed my shoes and socks before placing it on the shoe rack. I walked past the living room, as I removed my coat and threw it on the back of the sofa. I unbuttoned my cufflinks and folded up my sleeves before washing my hands in the dining hall wash basin. I noticed Selvam anna in the mirror when I washed off the soap from my face. I took the short towel, turned and walked towards him, wiping my face with one hand.

Selvam anna almost bumped into me but took a step back at the right time. Still a drop of coffee spilled on my shirt. "Sorry, Thambi." He hurried to take a tissue paper from the dining table but I wiped the drop with the towel and placed it back in the hanger.