Chapter 19

~~~~~~~
Hey Lovelies,
I know it's been two weeks but only after Thursday, I was able to breathe freely and concentrate fully on writing the update. Sorry for the delay, and without further ado
~~~~~~~

Darshana

Tall, fit, broad shoulders, sharp features and sleek hair.

Though I cannot see him fully, I can figure out his stature and mannerisms through his silhouette. I respect his boundaries and stay at my permissible distance. I know that he was tall and fit and his strides are casual but only today I'm able to see ... partially see him with clothes and above his hip.

No, Darshi, don't think about that.

I'm going to kill Hridhay after reaching back. He put that thought into me before leaving. Now everything that comes to my mind is the image that I saw two years back.

I collect my strength and finally speak with him. "Hello, sir." I swallow hard, unable to speak as my legs turn jelly in his presence.

I have been waiting for this day to arrive for a very long time. It has come but I'm above the top nervous and the air around us is so powerful.

"Veda please." I cannot see his face or eyes but could feel his smile in his voice and his friendly eyes.

"Okay, you both talk. I'll check whether the dinner is ready." Girish Anna tries to leave but Veda stops him.

"Didn't you always wish to get a painting signed by me?" I nod my head vigorously, again going in loss of words as all my wishes are coming true on the same day. "Select the one you want, I'll sign it for you."

I can go around the scantum and select one from each of the collections but I chose the one from my all time favourite. The one collection that made me go crazy behind his work and him. "This one." I point out the painting in which the mother is aiding the wounds of her son.

Girish Anna goes to get the painting. "If you don't think of me as greedy can I get another one?" I look between Veda's silhouette and Girish Anna.

Veda laughs and shakes his head. "Ivanga eppovum ippadi thaana da?" He asks Girish Anna and laughs more. (Is she ever like this?)

"Yeah." Girish Anna watches him as if he is seeing him for the first time like me.

"Did I ask something wrong? I'll pay for both." I look at Veda in confusion.

"Not at all, you are not greedy. You can select as many paintings as you want. No need to pay me." Again his voice is filled with a smile.

"But, how can I get it without paying?" I stopped Girish Anna from taking the pictures. "In fact I went to work, so that I can buy the original paintings."

"What is your price?" He places his arms on his hips.

"What?" I look at him shocked, taken aback by his question.

"I mean, is there a price for your life?" I shake my head in denial. "You didn't care about your life when you ran into the fire in the hopes of saving my painting despite knowing they are digital copies."

"When I saw the fire, I forgot the fact that the paintings inside the gallery are digital copies." I interrupt him, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Now tell me, how can I bargain to someone for whom art is bigger than her life?" He crosses his arms. "If there is someone who can go to any extreme to save my art after my mother, it's you." His shoulder raises and lowers with a heavy sigh. "You have done a lot and you are doing a lot by accepting my invitation, finding the loophole in your promise and going behind your father's back. My paintings are nothing when compared to you." Though I cannot see him, I can feel his eyes on me before he jerks his head away.