CHAPTER 5

"Daengs!"

A certain tall dog subtly narrowed her eyes in annoyance, 'if she calls me Daengs one more time...'

The girl with two-toned hair tied up in a ponytail glanced to her left, passing the basketball to a girl with short blue hair waving at her. The pass was successful, and after a few quick dribbles, the blue-haired girl scored a point. A couple cheers could be heard from the sidelines, the basketball coach calling out to the two players and giving them his praise.

"Nice job, all of you."

The duo gave each other a high five, encouraging the other players on the court as they slowly ended practice.

"Nice job 2Jin."

"Two what?"

One of their teammates shrugged as they tossed a water bottle to both girls, "Yujin, Ryujin, 2Jin?"

The said girls scrunched up their faces, "ewwww no thanks."

The basketball team laughed as they walked to the girl's locker room, the girls talking about their upcoming tournament with their rival school.

The girl with two-toned hair threw on her hoodie, grabbing her things before waiting at the locker room's exit for her friend. Ahn Yujin, a tall junior that was in Starship High School's varsity basketball team, flicked her friend's forehead as the blue-haired girl walked past her.

"Ow- Yah, why'd you do that?"

Shin Ryujin, the girl's childhood best friend, rubbed her forehead as she glanced up at the younger girl.

"Stop calling me Daengs, unnie."

"Why? You're a puppy after all."

Yujin sighed, shaking her head as the two walked out the room, their other two junior friends waving at them from the gym exit.

They quickened their pace and smiled at the two girls, "hey."

The girl who had her curly black hair in pigtails, Yuqi, grinned, "nice practice."

Giselle, the one with ashy blonde hair nodded, "yeah, you guys are gonna kill the other team during the game."

Ryujin snickered, "thanks guys."

Yujin finger-gunned her friends, "we'll win for Starship."

"Now let's go to lunch, I'm starving."

Giselle and Yuqi didn't do any sports, although the two were friends with the athletes from similar classes. The latter was practically a prodigy, while the other was known for her chic style and videos of her rapping she'd post now and then on her social media platforms...

The group of four headed out the gym into the cafeteria, a few whispers here and there as the two star basketball players walked inside with their friends. Alongside those who whispered were another group of four girls... Them being a year younger than the juniors...

...

"Just ask her out already."

A lean girl with long, ashy blue hair flustered up from her childhood friend's comment, pushing the other tall girl's shoulder as they all sat down at one of the cafeteria's tables.

"W-who are you talking about?"

The youngest of the four giggled, gesturing with her head to the blue-haired basketball player that was on the other side of the room, "her, we all know you love~ her, Yuna."

Yuna scoffed, "no I don't, and what about you Wonyoung?"

The raven-haired girl blinked, "what about me?"