CHAPTER 31

TIMESKIP 1 WEEK...

"W-what the..."

Out of the twelve, the nine Korean girls stared in mixed shock and horror as they gazed at the scene in front of them, the bridge they had to cross holding up broken arches and scarred with cracks and abandoned cars.

Past the bridge, a handful of skyscrapers stood, once glowing, strong pieces of architecture now reduced to gloomy, half-standing blocks of stone.

The river below was a murky black in color, and only when the girls noticed floating bodies and shipwrecked boats did they turn away.

"This... can't be Daejeon."

"Sadly it is... Those arches, the street signs..."

"Let's go... Maybe we can find nice people here."

All but one of the girls began to walk, the photographer glancing back to see that Yujin hadn't been following them.

"Hey pup, what's wrong?"

"N-nothing's... wrong..."

'No no no why am I back here?'

"Yujin?"

'I promised I'd never come back here.'

"Yujin-ah..."

"Why did you come back here? When all~ you caused was trouble..."

The basketball player whipped around from the voice, a ghostly, built man slowly ambling towards her.

"No no no..."

"YUJIN."

The puppy gasped as a tall bunny turned her back around, the older of the two blinking rapidly as her head swirled.

"W-Wonyoung..."

Yujin glanced behind her to see nothing but the barren land behind them, but then...

'Where did that voice come from?'

"Unnie... Are you okay?'

Yujin rubbed her head as she closed her eyes, "yeah... Yeah I'm okay."

'No one knows that I lived here before moving...'

'No one but Ryujin-unnie...'

The eldest came up to the duo, resting a hand on the high school junior's shoulder, "Yujin-ah, tell us what's wrong."

Yujin shook her head before giving them all a weak smile, "nothing's wrong unnie, sorry to worry you all."

The two bunnies sighed in worry but nodded, knowing the girl would open up to them when she was ready.

The girls began to walk once more, every step closer to the ruined city seeming to crumble Yujin's will to go on ever so slightly.

The puppy glanced down as she felt a soft hand envelope hers, seeing Wonyoung give her a light smile.

"You'll be okay."

"I'll... be okay..."

Wonyoung hummed in response, giving Yujin an eye-smile before leading her through the bridge with the others.

"Yujin seems traumatized..."

Minju glanced over to Chaewon, who kept her eyes on the floor to avoid chunks of debris on the street, the two of them a little ahead of the two youngest in the group.

"I've never seen her that scared before."

The radish sighed, slightly glancing back to see Yujin tightly holding onto Wonyoung's arm, the latter in turn caressing the girl's hand.