CHAPTER 40 :: EPILOGUE

TIMESKIP 1 MONTH...

"Stay safe, all of you."

It's been a month since a select few had come back to Earth from the Medium, and some, including five girls, have decided to go onboard a ship to Japan to help their neighboring country.

Hitomi, Nako, and Sakura decided to take the opportunity to go back to their home country to help out, and with Chaeyeon dating Sakura and Chaeryeong being Chaeyeon's sister... They decided to go with them, especially since the choreographer was rather fluent in Japanese as well.

"We'll come back soon guys!"

The girls all waved, watching as the ship pulled away from its dock before going back to their new home.

All of them had gotten close to each other, including the high school group of friends alongside Gyuri and Yiren. They all decided to live in the same apartment block, Eunbi, Hyewon, Chaewon, and Minju in one apartment and the high school girls in another. Nearby, Gyuri and Yiren had begun to live with two girls they had befriended within the month they had come back, turns out one of them was also an alumni of Stone while the other had attended Yuehua before calamity had struck.

"See you guys at dinner!"

"See ya unnies~"

All of the girls had been eating dinner together since they've moved in to live next to each other, creating a little bonding time for them within one of their small apartments as the sun went down everyday...

The girls went off to their separate apartments, when a knock interrupted Eunbi and Hyewon's talk in their living room.

"I apologize for bothering you two but... does a girl named Kim Chaewon live here?"

"Ah, nae, she d-"

Eunbi glanced up at the tall man, a woman of similar age behind him as he gave a small smile.

'Wait-'

"M-Mr. Kim?"

The man gazed deeply into Eunbi, "ah, Eunbi! My, it's been so long I hardly recognized you."

The woman bowed, "annyeonghaseyo, I'm glad you are okay."

Mr. Kim chuckled, "I'm glad you are okay too, Eunbi."

The bunny knudged Hyewon, "get Chaewon, it's her dad."

Hyewon's eyes widened, quickly bowing and greeting the adults before going to get Chaewon from their room.

"You can come inside, please make yourselves at home."

The man smiled as he squeezed Eunbi's shoulder, "as nice as ever, I hope Chaewon hasn't caused too much trouble?"

Eunbi chuckled, "no, she hasn't at all."

"What's wrong Eunbi-unnie?"

The radish came out with Minju a little behind her conversing with Hyewon, the short-haired girl's jaw dropping as she met eyes with the man she thought was dead from the earthquake and rift that had torn their house all those months ago.

"A-appa..."

"Chaewon-ah... My little far-"

The girl rammed herself into her father for a tight hug, the man quickly reciprocating the embrace as he gently rubbed Chaewon's head.

"I'm so glad you're okay..."

The others silently watched the father-daughter reunion, their hearts warm from the hug they shared.

"And I'm so glad that you're here, all grown up with good friends, safe and sound."

He glanced up and nodded at Minju, "with a good partner too."