CHAPTER 39

[24:00]

...

...

...

'Huh?'

Yuri glanced at the door, feeling that something had changed outside.

She then looked at the person who laid on top of her. Yena had somehow shifted her position next to Yuri to be on top of the younger girl, and Yuri had not moved her in fear she'd wake the older girl up.

Turns out she should have moved her earlier.

Yuri gently pushed Yena, getting one leg out from under her, now dangling off the couch.

'This isn't going to work...'

The hamster looked around, seeing an unused, long pillow on a shelf.

'She's definitely going to wake up from this...'

Yuri focused her mind, straightening herself up as she disappeared, replacing her body that was under Yena with the pillow.

"Mmmm... Yuri?"

'Yup, didn't work.'

Yuri slowly turned around, giving Yena a small smile as she whispered, "go back to sleep unnie, I'm just going to check outside."

"Yuri-unnie?"

The hamster glanced near the back of the room, seeing that Yujin was wide awake, ears perked up as she lifted her head from where it used to rest on Wonyoung.

The wolf silently ambled towards Yuri, tilting her head, "what's wrong?"

The older girl leaned over to rub Yujin's head, "nothing's wrong, I'm just checking something."

"I still can't understand how you can understand Yujin."

Yena muttered sleepily as she sat up, letting out a quiet yawn as she rubbed her eyes.

"Be quiet, I don't want the others to wake up if it's nothing."

Yuri hesitantly walked up to the door, Yujin not far behind, her eyes widening when she opened the door a crack.

"W-what the..."

"Ugh what's the bright light..."

One of the girls mumbled as the others slowly sat up one by one, awoken by the blinding light that showed right as Yuri opened the door.

"Yuri, did you get brighter or something?"

Yena quickly went to Yuri's side, her eyes widened in shock, "it's not Yuri, Hyewon-unnie..."

The duck's answer made all the sleep flee from the girls, and they quickly stood up from their spots.

"Yuri, what's going on?"

Eunbi walked over as Yuri shook her head, "I... don't know... I stayed awake just in case someone broke in but I felt something weird right now and then..."

She opened the door wider, revealing nothing but... pure white.

"What the heck..."

"B-but we're not... dead right?"

Yuri poked her head through, her eyes widening more as she caught a glimpse of a familiar figure.

"Hey!"

The winged man glanced over as Yuri walked into the room of... nothing.

"Why are we here again? My friends aren't dead yet."