CHAPTER 1

"The end is near!"

A girl with long caramel hair jumped in surprise as an older woman headed over to her, talking with glistening eyes.

"I-I'm sorry?"

"The end of the world is coming as we know it!"

The twenty year old took a step back, "I- uh-"

"Leave the kid alone, no one believes your bluff."

"Please! Let the new generation know! We don't have much-"

The girl's eyes widened as an adult came into the scene, pushing the woman out of the way.

"W-wait please don't hurt her..."

She waved her hands around, grimacing as the woman ran off with another hard shove.

The person rolled their eyes as they turned back to the girl, "don't know what's wrong with people these days. Hope she didn't bother you too much."

"N-no not at all..."

The adult walked away, the girl jumping once more as her alarm rang.

5 minutes!!!

"Oh shi-"

'I'm going to be late, crap...'

The girl began to run, clutching her backpack that was over her shoulders as she dodged people on the sidewalk, apologizing to anyone she bumped into on her way to the cafe she worked at.

She was panting for breath as she arrived at the front entrance, seeing a lone woman with long raven-hair wiping the counter through the glass door.

The girl pushed open the door, "sorry... I'm... late... Eunbi-ssi..."

The twenty-five year old glanced up, raising an eyebrow, "did your class end late? And I already told you to lower your language Chaewon, we're friends."

Eunbi followed the girl to the staff's only room, watching from the door as Chaewon put her backpack away, putting on the cafe's apron and hat.

The younger girl decided to keep what she witnessed to herself, "yeah, my professor let us out later than usual... Sorry unnie."

Eunbi chuckled, waving it off, "it's fine, we're not open yet anyways. And besides, no one else came yet."

The black-haired woman was the owner of Kwon Cafe, a bakery well-known to the students of the nearby college, Woollim, where she was an alumni, and where Chaewon also studied as a sophomore. The two girls were neighbors for the longest time, and knowing how hard it was to be a college student who lived alone, Eunbi lended Chaewon a hand by giving her a job.

Chaewon helped Eunbi get the cafe ready, setting up chairs, wiping the tables, and turning on the TV at the corner of the building.

"Is that a new episode?"

Chaewon glanced up at the television, seeing a woman with ethereal visuals and long, black hair crying at a man.

"That's one of the first episodes, Eunbi-unnie."

"Oh."

The girl chuckled, unable to pull her eyes away from the Korean drama, "how can she be so pretty even when she's crying?"

"So you're into pretty actresses huh?"

Chaewon clamped her hand over her mouth, flustered at the fact that she spoke her thoughts out loud.

She scoffed as she looked away, "as if, rich and famous people are all the same, stiff-necked and snobby."

Eunbi shrugged as she checked if everything was in place, "not all of them are, that actress is nicknamed an angel for a reason... I think she's around your age too, someone said she goes to a college called UW or something..."

"That might just be for her image, you never know what's real and what's just for online."

'UW... That sounds familiar...'

The two ended their conversation as a few employees came in, beginning to talk about the cafe's business instead...

~ ~ ~

A black-haired woman walked up to another, "clean up will you."

"I'll do it next week."

"Last week I did it and I'm doing it this week too!"

The other woman grabbed the broom from the taller one with a smile, "then let's clean together."

"Cut! You two did good."

The two actresses high-fived each other, walking away from the area.

"Good job Minju."

The girl smiled, "you too unnie."

"Want to go to the cafe to get some drinks while we wait for the other scenes to be finished?"

"What if there's a long line?"

"Ah~ it's fine, it's still early in the morning."

"Youngmi-ssi! Please come over here, we need to retake the scene with you and Sohee."

The said woman pouted at Minju before calling out to the director, "nae~"

Before the older woman left, Minju smiled, "I'll get you something okay?"

"Thanks Minju-yah~"

The raven-haired girl grabbed her jacket, slipping it on before putting on her hat and mask.

"I'll be going out for something to drink, would you like anything?"

"No it's okay, would you like someone to escort you Minju-ssi?"

Minju shook her head, "it's okay, I'll be fine. There's a cafe a couple minutes walk away."

The staff nodded, and the girl headed out the building, pulling her jacket closer as she shivered from the cold air.

The smell of fresh bread and the cafe's warmth hit her as soon as she opened the door, the cashier welcoming her as she nodded in thanks.

"Hello, what can I get for you?"

"Um... Can I get two Americanos? Hot for both please."

The girl behind the counter nodded, "what will be the name for the order?"

"Min... nie."

"Sorry, did you say Minnie?"

Minju nodded, "yes."

The caramel-haired cashier smiled as she handed the actress her receipt, "two hot Americanos coming right up."

'Dumbass... Almost blurting out your name in a public place...'

Minju shook her head, waiting near the counter as she glanced up at the drama that was playing on the cafe's TV.

'Oh jeez, that was a terrible acting day for me...'

The actress chuckled softly to herself, looking around only to have her eyes back at the cashier.

'Her voice is nice...'

"Two Americanos for Minnie?"

Minju walked up, giving the woman an eye-smile as she took her drinks, "thank you."

"Of course! Come again~"

'She's really pretty too...'

Minju walked away with a nod, quickly heading back to where the drama was taking place.

What did that girl's name plate say...

'Kim Chaewon?'

She set the drinks down on an empty table, taking a sip of her coffee as she waved at her acting partner who walked up to her.

'I might just come again...'

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Introducing~ Chaewon, Eunbi, and Minju! (Plus two random names I used for Minju's co-actors) <3