CHAPTER 7

"Were there always famous people going to Eunbi-unnie's cafe?"

One of the customers waiting in line flinched, quickly glancing up from her shoes to see one of the cafe workers talking to the pretty cashier. The woman listened in to their conversation intently, her fingers unconsciously twiddling themselves.

"Ah them... I thought you meant that there were literal celebrities here in the cafe right now."

The actress let out a sigh of relief, shaking her head to herself.

'Of course they wouldn't notice me, I'm wearing a mask...'

"Hello, would you like anything to drink?"

Minju nodded, taking a few seconds to stare at the girl in front of her, "yes please."

She took out a five dollar bill, ordering with the same name she made up last time she came here.

"Oh wait- you came here before with the same order right? Or was that a different Minnie..."

'She remembers me? Wow...'

Minju chuckled, "yes, I'm the same Minnie."

Chaewon grinned, making the actress's heart flutter, "ah I see, welcome back! Your order will be done soon."

"Thank you."

'Oh my God that smile is so cuteeee.'

Did Minju come to this specific cafe for a reason?

Yes.

Did she come in hope to see the same cashier from last time?

Of course.

Were her co-workers and co-actors getting suspicious of her?

No, and she'd make sure it'd stay that way.

"A latte for Minnie?"

Minju walked back up to the counter, trying to hide her emotions as her fingers subtly brushed against the cashier's while grabbing her drink.

"Thank you again."

"Of course! Have a good day~"

Minju gave the girl an eye-smile, walking over to sit down at an empty spot. Might as well enjoy the warmth while she was here, it's not like she was in a hurry for work today...

She felt her fingers with her thumb, smiling under her mask. It was a small, accidental touch, but she felt electricity shoot up her nerves from the contact. She didn't know why she felt like this, so... giddy, especially around a stranger she didn't know, but she let herself feel it, feeling the happiest she's been in a while in the cafe. But since she was still in a closed, public place, she took care to be careful while drinking her coffee, barely lifting up her mask as she sipped her straw...

....

...

'Time to go...'

Minju sighed as she threw her empty cup in the trash, bracing herself for the cold air that hit her like a truck as she exited the cafe.

'Guess I can head to work early...'

"I knew it."

The girl jumped from the sudden voice, turning around to see a man around her height smirk at her.

"Uh, can I help you?"

"Minnie's not so good of an alias since it's close to your real name."

A muscle in the girl's mouth twitched, "I don't know what you're talking about, sir."