CHAPTER 13

"Chaeyeon!"

The said girl glanced up to a smugly smiling duck, 'what is she up to...'

"Hi Yena."

"Can I steal Yuri for a bit?"

"What?"

"Wh-"

Yena pulled the hamster, who was talking with Chaeyeon before the interruption, up by her arm, cheerfully linking their limbs together.

"And now what do you want me to do alone?"

"Ah you won't be alone."

"What?"

Yena gently pushed a pink-haired girl wearing a band shirt and jeans forward, "this is my friend, Sakura. She's Japanese and two years older than us."

"Uh- h-hello..."

"Hey... Wait, you look familiar."

The duck smiled, "she's a game streamer."

"Ohhh that's who you are, nice to meet you!"

"Same here..."

"She's a big fan."

Sakura flustered from Yena's comment, shooting her a glare as Chaeyeon laughed, "really?"

"Uh- well- ... Yeah I am."

"Now we gotta go, bye and have fun!"

The two girls watched as Yena practically dragged Yuri away and out the cafe by her hand, glancing at each other as Sakura hesitantly sat down in front of Chaeyeon.

"Chaeyeon right?"

The Korean girl chuckled, "yeah, that's me. Didn't know a famous person was friends with Yena."

"Well to be fair, you're famous too."

The light-haired dancer smiled, "I suppose... How do you know her?"

"Ah well, we met online, you probably don't watch my streams but sometimes Yena's on there."

"Really??? Daebak, I should get into video games."

The two laughed, conversing comfortably with one another.

Meanwhile...

"Hey hey wait! Where are you taking me?"

Yena turned around, giving the younger girl a cute smile, "you'll see."

"Huh???"

To that, the duck just responded by turning to face the front once more, squeezing Yuri's hand reassuringly.

Yuri glanced down as she walked, staring at their intertwined fingers, thinking that they fit so well with each other...

'Gah, what are you thinking, you barely know this duck...'

"I just wanted my friend to have some time to talk to Chaeyeon."

The hamster glanced back up, almost bumping into the duck when they stopped at a crosswalk.

"What?"

"Sakura and Chaeyeon, I feel like they'd hit it off well you know? I know both of their personalities and ideal types and well... They match perfectly."

"Ah I see..."

"But sorry for dragging you out like that."

"Oh no it's fine! It's not like you're going to kidnap me or anything even though I have no idea where you're taking me."