Shadow

"M..mommy??" Jungkook hesitantly asked, slowly pushing the door to step inside.

He could hear people talking inside and one of them distinctly was familiar to her mom's voice,even though his parents weren't supposed to be home for at least another 6 hours..

"Momma-what-??" He widened his eyes after looking at the now empty living room of his house..

The couch, the tv ,the small dining table ,even the rug, all gone

Boxes and boxes of cardboard were headed near the corner as a couple of men in blue colour uniform were going in and out of the rooms, bringing more boxes

Hearing jungkook's voice, a middle aged woman turned her head to see the young boy standing near the doorway looking lost.

She gave a small smile at him although it came more as a grimace.
From the dark eye bags glazed with exhaustion and her strained smile screamed of tiredness..

"Baby, how's school?" Her voice brought jungkook out from his frozen state.

"It's okay ma..W-what's going on?" He mumbled in question, almost fearing the answer..

Her mom visibly flinched for a quick second, and her hand came up to massage her temples immediately after. Her eyes deliberately not meeting jungkook's, she said "we are moving kookie"..

Jungkook tilted his head.

Moving? Where? When? Why? All of a sudden? Is something wrong? Where's father?

Jungkook's million questions must have showed from his face. his mother neared him and  cupped his cheeks,  the round chubby globes fitting perfectly in her hands.

She smiled lightly at this and stared at jungkook's doe eyes.

"We are leaving to Seoul. Mom already informed your school and dad will come pick us up in a few minutes darling. have a quick wash and come downstairs, we can't take everything with us so help momma with that okay. And don'tcall your friends , we really need not tell them where we are going" she rubbed his cheek in a slow motion, as if trying to convince a baby.

Jungkook froze.

Again.

"L-leave?? Wh-why??!! MA! What about My friends??" A sudden thought had jungkook to tremble in fear , " WHAT ABOUT TAE HYUNG???"

Jungkook's mom merely shook her head in sorrow.
She knew how much the younger was attached with taehyung anyhow protective the older was with jungkook. But what has to be done,should be done.

She opened her mouth to speak but a loud door slamming behind her took both of them by surprise.

...
"D-dad" jungkook whispered, seeing his usual carefree dad in a state worse than his mom. His usual urban hair is ruffled and messy, his face holding no emotion yet the tension in the house returned full force..

"What are you still doing here jungkook ? Get ready now" he walked off to the living room, although waiting for a response.

"B-but-" junkook started-

"NOW!"

That was all it took for jungkook to cry and flee upstairs. His low hiccups echoed from the now empty halls and rooms, their childhood home looking bare as if no one has ever been there..

.......

That night, jungkook and his family left Daegu, leaving taehyung in oblivious ness..

Maybe that was the biggest mistake they could have done..

.........

Yp

That's it..

COMMENT

AND GIVE A VOTE IF U WANT

BYYEEEEE

HAVE A NICE DAY

💚💛💚