Let Him Go

Listening to: *Still With You - Jeon Jungkook*01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻   💓ılıılıılıılıılıılıᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮  

Was it worth it ?

Do you regret what you've done ?

A single woman stood on the top stair of a brick-walled house with black hair blowing around wildly in the wind.

Like the first day she stepped into this house. But this hour will be when she parts with the place her soul accustomed with... .

She wondered if this mansion would hold itself against the strong wind and wild weeds until the day she comes to meet him- if she gets to come back.

Jung-Hee looked back at the cardboard boxes that were piled infront of their house, ready to be hauled up in a truck and shipped away to a far away place. Their garden, wildflowers that swayed to the wind, the single oak tree with the tree house, their wooden swing , their whole life in one picture- 

Light footsteps came from behind her and Jung-Hee braced herself to the upcoming conversation. Her youngest son, Jungkook confusedly smiled at her with a flower in hand. His big doe eyes jumping from one crate to another. 

" Baby, How's school?" Her voice broke Jungkook out of his frozen state.
" It's Okay Ma....W-What's going on ?"
Jung-Hee flinched. " We are moving kookie " 

She closed her eyes tightly for a quick second, not wanting to see the layers of betrayal and sadness in her son's face. Her eyes slicked quickly to the family photo frame that was been taken down by a couple of men. She quickly waved them off while mumbling to leave it as it is.
She faintly remembered explaining to her son about informing the school already but what brought her out of the stupor was Jungkook's cry, "WHAT ABOUT TAEHYUNG ?"

In all honesty, Jung-Hee never planned her son to meet Taehyung. A son of a cold blooded killer was the last influence she needed on her child. But the way Taehyung's eyes lit up seeing Jungkook and his hesitant yet curious approach towards her youngest son, broke the mother's heart.
This was a child who had-possibly never felt an ounce of kindness and sympathy. A person who was forced to grow up whilst hiding his inner child. Her heart ached for Taehyung and involuntarily had already accepted him as their own .

This was the child she was about to abandon. She could barely imagine Taehyung's face when in an hour he would walk into an empty house. He'll open the door with a smile on his beautiful face. He'd look confused. He'll call out Jungkook's name. He'll call out her name. He'll slowly walk to the living room. He'll see the empty floorboards, the empty walls. He'll run up the stairs. He'll slam Jungkook's room's door open. He'll walk into a bare room stripped off its clothes.

Will he cry ?
Will he forgive them ?
Will he understand that she had no choice ? 
Will he come one day and find her ?
Will he hug her when she cried sorry on his shoulder ?

I'm sorry, Taehyung...