Only Priority

When Taehyung first walked into the empty house, all he could feel was coldness.

The Jeon family house was never quiet, never still. It buzzed with activity, little noises filled the empty gap and often the smell of freshly baked cookies would fill the air.

But tonight, the eerie silence and Taehyung's own heartbeat were the only companions.

Walking into the stripped house, his feet loud and clear against the floorboard, all Taehyung could think whether he did something wrong for god to always punish him like this. Always take someone dear from him when he finally begins to love. 

The family portrait of the Jeon family hung ghostly on the main wall, almost as if mocking him. Taehyung walked towards it like in a trance, his eyes fixed on Jungkook's face.

He gulped, feeling a strange tightness in his throat and a burning in his eyes. The Jungkook in the portrait smiled widely, as if unaware of Taehyung's inner turmoil. Jungkook always expressed so lovely; had his heart on his sleeve for everyone-

But he left.

Why..... why him?

Taehyung punched the wall in an act of rage as he let out a roar of a wounded animal. Why was life so cruel? To take the one thing he held dearly-

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a brown lump sticking out in the gap between the portraite and the wall. His hand reached out to it and pulled, effectively pulling out an envelope with a single stamp closing it. Taehyung's breathe came erratically when he recognized Jungkook's mother's handwriting ; a cursive and elegant 'To Taehyung' on the face.

He slid down to the floor, with his back leaning on the wall for support and opened the envelope and pulled out a letter.

The letter was written in haste, that much was evident with the few lines and the wrong curves of the letters.

' Find him Tae- You're the only one who can protect him. He needs you '

The 'him' in question was Jungkook for no doubt. And Taehyung knew his father's got a terrible part to play in the sudden disappearance of the Jeon family, and that vanishing from the face of earth would only add to the wrath of his father. 

Does that mean the Jeons know they won't be there to protect Jungkook?

Taehyung closed his eyes momentarily to calm his breath. When he opened them again, it was with a new glint shinning in the dark. 

He will protect Jungkook, for Jungkook is his first priority. 

His only priority.

And he will not let anyone, be it himself, Namjoon , his father to hurt Jungkook in any way.

And he will destroy anyone or anything that stands in Jungkook's way.
 If his father decides to hurt even a strand of Jungkook's hair....,

Taehyung stood up and walked out of the door.

Well, the old man lived long enough. It's time for him to go. 

____________________________

YO GUYSSSSS !!!!!

FUCKING EXAMS ARE OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ANYWAYS, IM FINALLY FREE TO FINISH ALL THE SHT I STARTED SO HANG IN THERE- I'LL UPDATE.

AND AS ALWAYS, IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER

DO VOTE

AND 

LEAVE A COMMENT CAUSE I FUCKING LUV TO READ THEM 🗿🗿

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE