Final Respect

4 years later

Blood

Blood everywhere

Blood dripping from the wall

Blood dripping from the dresser

Bodies  of their bodyguards slumped on the hallway

Bodies slumped in the bedroom

Mother-

Her lifeless body crumpled on the floor, hand tightly held by father's palm.

 Both of them facing each other on the floor, eyes closed and bathed in red

so much red

why?

why?

WHY?

Namjoon collapsed onto the floor, next to his diseased parents. His hand coming to stroke their hands that were tightly intervened. Even in death,....they died together. At least they didn't suffer alone-

His phone vibrated in the pocket, a call coming through. Namjoon mindlessly shoved his hand and pulled it out accepting the call.

" Hello ?....uh helloooo?? Hyung ?" 

Jungkook.

Namjoon fisted his free hand on his mouth to drown out his sobbing. He will not let his little brother see this massacre. His sweet, innocent little brother who is oblivious to everything. 

But, he will know the truth.

Enough of these secrets. Enough hiding. 

But, this is Jungkook.

The Jungkook who loves more than his heart allows him to, gives too much than he can, feels everything that it nearly overwhelms him, trust those with ease, forgives too easily...

"-yungie? You're worrying me- Are you okay ?"

"...Jungkookie, I have to tell you something "

----------------------------------

The day of the funeral was dark.

It was raining in the morning, and a cold chill breezed through the Dove Wind Funeral Home. 

Two caskets were placed next to each other, almost touching with how close it was.

People swarmed around them to pay their last respects, soft murmurs buzzing in the room...some with pity, some of sorrow, some of worry, some just banter..

Namjoon stood on the side, offering a small smile to those who shook his hand in sympathy. Next to him Jungkook was slumped in a corner, his red-rimmed eyes mindlessly wondering in a distance. His lips quivering once in seconds and Namjoon looked away, trying to believe that it was merely because of the cold and not because his younger brother was so, so sad.

He clenched his eyes shut when memories surface on how Jungkook screamed, fainted and cried when he broke the news of the demise of their parents.

'It was a robbery' he had said.

'It was unfortunate that their parents were at home. The robbers were armed and had shot them in a reckless attempt to escape'

He bit his lips in a desperate attempt when lying through his teeth. His brother trusted him with that pure heart of his.

But it was necessary and he knew that. It didn't matter whether he had to lie or kill to protect Jungkook.

He's the only family left for him.

Jungkook is and will be his first and only priority.

.

.

.

"  The lost of my parents is definitely the hardest thing I had to endure. Losing both our parents at such a young age gave me a sense that you can't really control life. Never. We never truly lost our loved ones.
They accompany us; they don't disappear from our lives. We are merely in different rooms. I could just remember how my father used to say that the reason for living was to get ready to stay dead for a long time. 
Life has to end; love doesn't. You will forever be in our memories.

 I will be different from my parents. But their legacy will never be forgotten. I am me. But I was created by them. They are a part of me. 

The ones who gave birth to me is gone...and I've never felt so lost and alone. To mom and dad, a part of me departed with you. But I will push through. I-I stopped believing in a storybook existence a long time ago. All you can do is push in one direction and see what comes out of it.

You don't have to w-worry about J-Jungkookie. I w-will t-take c-care of him momma-" Namjoon leaned onto the podium with tears streaming down his face. Two men supported his body as strength left his body. He could hear Jungkook wailing, little hiccups accompanied by heavy breathing.

His eyes refocused on the two caskets that are been lifted. His parents wanted to be buried next to each other. Not apart, even in death.

" N-NO no please pl-please-! Momma- MOMMA get AWAY  " Jungkook crawled on his feet to stop the men who were trying to take his parents away from him. Hands pulled him from behind, whispering sweet 'it's okay' to him.

IT'S NOT OKAY

Why why why are they taking them away? Where's hyung ?

" Hyungieee please pluh-please tell them- TELL THEM ! please Don't take them- d-don't leavvvee mweee " 

Sobs of pain echoed in the room as Jungkook slumped onto the floor, his little body hugged by Namjoon who was crying on his shoulder.

Through his blurred vision, Namjoon could see black feet surrounding them, black coats around them, hands grabbing onto their bodies trying to settle them

Amongst the mass of bodies infront, he saw a glimpse of the caskets that are been taken away

Away from them..

Kim Do-Han.

You will fucking pay.

________________________________

FLASHBACKS ARE ALMOST OVER

THANKS FOR HOLDING ON TO READ THISSSS

ILL TUNE OUT FOR TODAY AND CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIESSSS IF YOU HAVE THE TIME

IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER MAKE SURE TO

VOTE

AND

LEAVE A COMMENT GUYS ( IT REALLY HELOS WHEN U HAVE A SHTTY DAY -_-)

BYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE