Chapter 11: "Who pissed in his cornflakes?"

"Why the change of heart suddenly?" I asked sceptically and raised an eyebrow.

He sighed, closed his eyes before shoving his twin sister away from where she sat across me and sat there himself, ignoring her protests of outrage.

"That's none of your concern," he gave me a fake smile and beside him Charlotte huffed, glaring at him not-so-discreetly and sat on the other chair.

Like this, I could see the similarities between the two that exhibited the world about them being twins. The same blue eyes with a tint of green from their dad, the pale skin tone from their mom, the blonde hair from both of them (though his were a shade darker than hers) and the pair of dimples they had whenever they smiled.

Too bad the personality of one was that of the devil while the other's was that of an angel.

A hand was being waved in front of my face, "Are you even listening to me?"

I blinked for a moment, "Huh? Pardon?"

Alexander Graham Bell groaned and banged his head for ten seconds straight on the table while Anna rolled her eyes at him and said, "He asked you where should you two meet to discuss the rules and shit and he also said he needs an actual contract."

She gave him a fake smile again reminding me of the twin thing with the identical expression he gave me earlier, "You're welcome asshole."

He simply rolled his eyes at her and turned to me with a questioning gaze.

I thought for a minute about his question before nodding in finality and said, "We should meet at such a place where most of the people from our year visit. This would kill two birds with one stone. We'll be able discuss the rules and crap while the people from our school will notice the two persons who were supposed to hate each other presumably going on a date."

I placed my hands on the table and exhaled a breath, "And that would be the official start of the rumours. The first step of our plan."

Just then the bell rang indicating that the break was over and everyone in the cafeteria picked up their bags almost at the same time with their lunch trays.

"Damn you're a good planner," Anna whistled but Alexander Graham Bell merely nodded in thought and said, "Text me the location. Five pm today, if you're late consider our deal is done."

Not giving me time to reply he simply just sauntered over towards the throng of people in the hallway before we followed them.

I frowned and said to Charlotte, "Who pissed in his cornflakes today?"

She just waved a hand, dismissing the topic, "Eh, everyday happenings. Nothing new."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at the outfit in the mirror I had chosen for the park date I had texted the devil for. A light-yellow knitted tube sweater with a matching knitted short cardigan on top and white flared jeans along with white sneakers. My hair was in loose waves and for makeup I had only applied mascara.

It wasn't really a real date but for the audience it was so I tried to choose as minimalistic as possible.

Goddamn I really was going to do this, ugh with him out of all the people. Did I really want that?

My collarbones had become more prominent in the past few weeks just like the way I wanted but still somehow, I absolutely hated the way I looked. Because well, now I had a problem with my face muscles and the soft features instead of sharp cheekbones.

Alex hated me already but what if he started feeling ugly to be seen with me? Let alone date me?

I don't want to spend a single second more with a lizard let alone date her. Even for a show.

I was so goddamn tired of insecurities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

i updated finally 😌 

and i feel so bad for lola 🥺 chase can die in a hole 🙄

Vote, comment & follow!