Chapter 14: "For the first time we are in an agreement."

"Are you two ready?" Charlotte asked.

We were sitting in the bus the next morning after the 'fake date' on our way to school. Only difference this morning was that Alexander Graham Bell was travelling with us in the bus instead of his friends like he usually did.

Charlotte and I sat side by side like we regularly did and Alex sat opposite us.

"It doesn't matter because we don't really have an option." I answered to her and the bastard was still looking out of the window, no indication whether he heard us or not.

I wondered for a second what possibly could be going on in his mind. Eh, probably a thousand ways of how to murder me for bringing him into this mess.

Whatever.

I sighed, plugging in my AirPods and gave one to Charlotte and played Strangers by Sigrid. One of the best musicians and singers, fight me I dare you. My head bobbed at the beat of the song and maybe it was subconscious but my eyes wandered back to the Devil in disguise sitting in front of me who was busy on his phone.

Our outfits were twinning and we didn't even plan anything about it that day.

I was wearing blue flared jeans with white full sleeve crop t-shirt and a black half sleeved crop top on top of it meanwhile he was wearing blue jeans and a half sleeve black tee.

Would any of this even effect Chase at all or was I just wasting my time? Second thoughts began to crept into my mind and no matter how much I hated to admit it, I missed that asshole. Next month would've been our second-year anniversary.

But I knew that I couldn't go back to him ever again. He hurt me. Badly. And I had that much of dignity and self-respect to realize that I didn't deserve it.

Or maybe I did.

Anyhow, one thing was clear, I would never go back to that piece of crap ever fucking again.

I didn't realise my hands were trembling with anger and hurt until Charlotte held and squeezed them, reassuring me that she won't allow him to get near me ever again.

I have her a small smile in return, feeling blessed and grateful for her in my life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No sooner we reached the school, staring at the people and teachers entering through the front gate.

Something nudged my hand and I looked down to see Alex offering me his hand, giving me the choice to decide.

I swallowed, looking up at his eyes which were settled on me and a moment later accepted it and interlaced our fingers together. He squeezed them once, just once.

Charlotte was already ahead of us and he muttered under his breath, "Let's get this day started." Before we followed her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To say people were shocked would be an understatement.

At first, we got many, various types of looks showcasing: jealousy, raised eyebrows, books falling down of people's hands, mouths hanging open and the people with specs fixing them to be sure what was happening.

"This is a bit of too much," I said to myself once we reached my locker and I took out the books for the first period.

Alexander Graham Bell somehow heard me and whispered, "For the first time we are in an agreement."

We went to his locker and he exchanged his books just as the bell rang. I hadn't seen Chase yet, maybe he didn't come. Damnit.

Alex's eyes travelled to my cheek before he raised an eyebrow and asked, "May I?"

I gave him a nod and he pecked me on my cheek and left abruptly for his class. I stood there silently for a few seconds before I too made my way opposite towards my own class, ignoring the stunned looks and whispers that followed.

The day had barely begun and I already wanted to lie on my bed and sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote, comment & follow!