Chapter 20: "Why are you staring at the table like you want to eat it?"

ALEXANDER'S POV

"Hey, lizard." I proceeded to kiss Lola's cheek and sat beside her after. Over the weeks we had settled into a comfortable routine and I couldn't decide whether it was a good thing or not.

She gave me a forced smile in return.

I frowned, raising an eyebrow at my twin sitting in front of us who I knew had watched the whole interaction carefully. She blinked at me and I instantly knew something wasn't right but she shook her head and I understood that she'd explain later.

Just twin telepathy things, you know.

My gaze went back to Lola swirling her fork in her salad staring deeply at the table as though deep in thought. I wasn't stupid, I knew she was trying to lose weight and with the way her bones were becoming more and more prominent, it didn't take much time to confirm my suspicions. So, over the past few weeks I had started to buy her usual coffee either with a packet of chips or a small bowl of salad or one slice of sandwich for her before she could even enter the cafeteria.

It wasn't much but it was something.

"Why are you staring at the table like you want to eat it?"

She turned her head and I braced myself for the glint of mischievousness and curiosity I would find in her eyes but instead her eyes were...

...Blank. It took me a minute to realize that her face was void of any of her usual bitchy, annoying expressions which I had come to make truce with.

She asked me with that same blank look, "Huh?"

I racked my brain for any reason as for why -what- could make Lola, the most energetic, amusing and perky creature that I knew to this-this hollow person.

Was it about Chase? Because last I had seen her like this was from far when I had been -still was- going through what she was when the video broke out.

She blinked a few times as though reading my thoughts on my face before saying, "Je-je dois aller à la salle médicale. Je ne me sens pas bien, je te verrai plus tard. "

I-I have to go to the medical room. I'm not feeling okay, I'll see you later.

I rarely saw her speaking French despite us being and this just made me more confused so I said, "D'accord," Okay, "But are you up for the second fake date this evening that we talked about last week?"

She picked up her bag in a rush and nodded her head, "Oui, oui, oui." Yes, yes, yes.

Whatever it was Charlotte too followed her a minute later, leaving me dumbfounded in the middle of the cafeteria.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My locker was slammed shut and I looked up to see Chase's broad physique towering over me.

I instantly straightened up, the action making me taller than him because football might have had made him muscular but the nature had made me taller despite of my lean body.

I motioned my head to the end of the hallway, "The dustbin is there. I don't keep garbage let alone chat with them."

With that, I made to move but he stopped me with his arm and the people stopped talking abruptly, all eyes on us.

He scowled at me, his tanned golden skin shining with sweat and his jaw clenched hard. Through gritted teeth he spoke, "You don't have your cronies today to save your ass."

I bared me teeth, "I don't need anybody to save me from a rat."

He scoffed, "You really think I believe that Lola chose you after me? I mean- in the end she'll return to me only just like your ex did because let's face it, you're not worth it."

I knew he was saying this crap because the day he found out about our 'relationship', he came to fight me when my friends intervened and stopped him. Or more like threatened him. And since then, a pained expression mixed with rage would pass over him whenever he saw Lola and I in the hallway and I couldn't have even imagined the amount of satisfaction I felt in those moments.

Yet, I couldn't help but flinch at his words and he released a single laugh, finally leaving me alone.

I hated myself for letting me appear weak in front of my tormentors. But one day, one fucking day he'd get back for what he did to others.

I just hoped it'd be soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

so we got a glimpse at his thoughts! next ch is going to be heavy asf which i originally wanted to write it in this ch only but the thing is, im lazy. 

So tom or day after tom you'll get it dw <3 

Vote, comment & follow!