Chapter 23: "Mr. Pay-me-back-for-my-ice-cream."

"Hello, peasants."

Charlotte and Alexander Graham Bell looked up at me with surprised eyes. I raised a brow at them before taking up my usual seat beside Alex.

"We thought you didn't come today..." Char frowned at me and her twin said with the same identical expression, "You weren't in bus with us today."

I took a sip of my Frappuccino, "I overslept. And I got this weird dream or memory flash, I don't know what it was but do you remember why we really hate each other?" I turned my head at Alexander Graham Bell.

He stared at nothing, his brain screws obviously tightening with the way he was thinking so hard and then finally replied, "We're Lola and Alex, everyone knows we're supposed to hate each other."

I rolled my eyes, "Wow, I so not knew that information. Let me bring my notepad to make notes."

"You're being sarcastic."

"No shit sherlock. Do any of you remember Ms. Poppy?"

Charlotte said, "Our first-grade teacher?"

I clapped, "Ta-da!" I continued to tell them the rest of the flashback about the thumb painting, Alexie stealing my Olaf eraser, us fighting over it, Charlotte snitching us and then finally, my act of violence.

Look, I was a child.

Alexander Graham Bell pointed at me, "That was totally on you!"

I gaped, "You had stolen my eraser!"

Charlotte raised her hands and smiled nervously, "Guys, let's not recreate the memory. How about that hmm?"

"Or what? You're going to snitch again?" Her twin scowled at her.

Her smile instantly vanished, "I was a child too just like you two!"

We three continued to argue like that for the next five minutes when finally, a throat cleared beside us.

I looked up to see a lean guy standing there with his tray of food in his hands, a nervous look on his face. He was handsome to say the least with brown-golden hair, fair skin, brown eyes and a sharp jawline.

"Do we know you?" I hadn't looked at others expressions yet but given the sudden silence that fell on our chaotic table, it was safe to say that they had known that some random dude was standing there.

"I'm Harry," he replied in a British accent.

I blurted, "The chosen one?"

Why the fuck do I speak without thinking?

Tell me the answer to that once you find out conscience.

Slowly, his nervousness eased and he replied teasingly, "Yeah, that one. I just forgot my glasses at home."

A sudden laugh came out of me but Alexander Graham Bell cut me off, "Seriously who are you?"

He seemed to notice the other two persons at the table just then and gave a confident smile before sitting on the vacant seat across me, beside Charlotte, "I joined today only."

"But school started a month ago," I pointed out.

"My dad actually decided to move here overnight a few weeks ago so it took us a month for all the arrangements and moving away to be done. Not to mention, settling here has been harder than I thought. I took online classes for the first month but now that I've become a bit familiar with Paris and its people, I decided to attend school physically."

Charlotte replied in a monotonous voice, "Cool story," and continued to scroll on her phone.

Harry looked at her really for the first time with narrowed eyes before his eyes widened slightly, "We met yesterday."

She scoffed, "Yeah, Mr. Pay-me-back-for-my-ice-cream."

"Ooh, this is going to be fun. I need popcorn." I murmured under my breath and Alexie snorted beside me. Our eyes met, yesterday's events flashing before my eyes and with the way his eyes softened slightly, I knew he saw what I just remembered.

I gulped and looked away first.

"You spilled my ice-cream on me," Harry glared at Charlotte.

"And I told you it was an accident and I was sorry," she faked smiled, "But you continued to insult me anyway and then had the audacity to demand me to buy you one more."

He asked her exasperated, "Look, can't we start over?"

"Absolutely not," she ate a fry from her plate.

Oh, this indeed was going to be so fun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lola! Lola!"

I stopped running and twisted to see Alexander Graham Bell motioning towards a bench.

It was P.E class and I was pretty tired from all the running so joined him and took a seat. After drinking some water, I noticed he was looking at me for quite a few minutes and asked.

"What?"

"Are you really okay after yesterday?"

I shrugged, my eyes wandering absently over the ground, "What happened yesterday?"

For a second, he looked at me confused and when he finally realized what I meant, a humourless laugh escaped him, "So we're going to pretend that 3rd of October isn't an important date and it was a pretty normal day yesterday."

It was really hard for me to not flinch at his words, "I don't know what you're talking about."

He shook his head and the intensity in his eyes nearly made me squirm, "I was so fucking stupid to think we were finally getting comfortable."

I replied in a bored manner, "I don't see any reason to get comfortable when we both know that we're talking to each other is just for a show."

"Never mind, I am a fucking fool." He scoffed and got up.

I wasn't sorry for what I said because no matter how harsh this sounded, I did not want to be vulnerable with anyone especially with him because it had a lost of risks to destroy me mentally even more. And I definitely did not want that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

i updated WHATTTTTTTTTT HOWWWWWWWWWWWW OMGGGGGGGGG 

anyways, i also added a picture of how harry looks in the cast (my bae char was getting tired from third wheeling lmao) so dont forget to see that

Vote, comment & follow!