Chapter 24: "Instagram official."

"Why are you so tense?" I asked. 

Alexander Graham and I were taking what seemed be a romantic stroll on the Alexandre Pont III bridge for others. We had initially decided to go to the Love Lock bridge but since the putting on locks had got banned there by the government, we chose a prettier place.

He looked down at me, a maroon-coloured beanie on his head enough to make me swoon and his ear-piercing glinting due to the golden lamp lights on the bridge, "What do you mean?"

Wait...swoon? Who said that?

My arm was firmly tucked in his, strands of my blonde hair blowing away from my bun along with the evening breeze, "You haven't responded to any of my jokes since I came. Not even your usual 'Ha Ha you think you're so funny' line."

He grunted and looked away suddenly changing the topic, "What are we doing here? Nobody from our school comes here anyway."

I sighed, my eyes meeting the sky above in great wonder. The sun was setting, the orange and yellow mixing with the blue and pink creating a colour far more unique and different. Such a weather greeted Paris only as a rarity.

"We're here to make things Instagram official."

I winked at him and asked a lady walking ahead of us to click a picture from my mobile. After dragging Mr. Grumpy towards the edge of the bridge, arguing what pose we should do, getting embarrassed when the lady laughed at our arguments, we finally settled onto a hugging pose.

"Merci," I smiled embarrassedly and took my mobile from the kind lady who had to witness two annoying teenagers fighting and she returned it with the same expression before she left.

In the picture, our heads were turned towards the other side watching the purplish sun set, our arms entangled and the light from lamps illuminating the moment perfectly.

I looked at the picture with awe, "This is so pretty."

When I got no reply, I looked up to see Alexander Graham Bell scrolling on his phone with a bored expression, almost as though he hadn't heard a word of what I said. I exhaled a breath and pocketed my phone, going to lean against the bridge watching the river flowing below.

My eyes took in everything and nothing, roaming here and there just like my thoughts going from what should I have for dessert to how time flies so fast.

Somehow, I ended up thinking of the guy beside me who was mad at me for no reason at all. The one saw me playing guitar two days ago, who was my fake boyfriend, who saw me break down at my most vulnerable. I thought I hated him but as we were spending more and more time together, it was reducing to something else.

Something I wasn't ready to acknowledge for a long while because I was scared and a goddamn coward.

I disliked him because- because he was...annoying, crazy and- ugh many other things but then why even the thought of him getting hurt made me feel something weird inside me? Why did I want to be comfortable around him and tell him my deepest secrets when I knew very well that it'd be a bad idea and come to bite me in my ass in the future? More importantly, if I wanted to do all this stuff with him then why was I so harsh on him two days ago?

Because you're protecting yourself from getting hurt again you dumbo.

Jesus Christ, how did my thoughts go from chocolate pie to this? What were we really doing?

"You're mad at me for what I said two days ago."

He finally looked at me, surprise written on his face before it morphed into a colder expression, "And if I am?"

I shook my head scoffing lightly, "But why? Why do you care if we get comfortable or not? Because last I remember, you said that afternoon," I turned my voice heavier, "'We're Lola and Alex, everyone knows we're supposed to hate each other.'"

"Because!"

"Because what?!"

"I don't know! I don't fucking know goddamnit!"

We both stared at each other, breathing hard. He closed his eyes, shaking his head muttering something to himself and then said to me, "We should go. It'll be getting dark soon."

I followed him silently.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU THOUGHT I FORGOT TO UPDATE HA 

i just get easily distracted thats all 🥀

my babies are both suffering 🥺🥺🥺 theyre so overwhelmed cut them some slack 

Vote, comment & follow!