Wonky Compass

Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi

▸ Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi

T H E    D I V E P T . I

Eddie had explained what truly happened at Lover's Lake. Patrick had been a victim of Vecna.  The entire time Eddie told the story, he snacked and drank out of cans that we had brought him. Poor guy was starved and thirsty. The wrappers and aluminum cans were littered around him. I had my arms crossed as Eddie continued to explain what happened after. Dustin was pacing behind us.

"When I made it to shore," Eddie took a sip from the canteen, "my walkie was busted, man. Drenched. So, uh, I did the thing that I do now, apparently. I ran."

He placed the canteen on the ground. Eddie spread out his hands and gave us a grin. He released a chuckle, clasping his hands together.

"Do you know what time this was? The attack?" Nancy inquired.

"Yeah, no, I...I know exactly what time it was." Eddie started to undo his digital watch from his wrist. "My walkie wasn't the only thing that got soaked."

Eddie tossed the watch to Nancy. She caught it out of surprise. Nancy turned it in her hands to read the time. 

"Nine twenty seven." Nancy read aloud.

"Same time our flashlights went kablooey." Robin noted.

"Which means what, exactly?" Steve crossed his arms.

"That-that surge of energy was Vecna attacking Patrick." Nancy explained.

"Does that mean Victor Creel's house is, like, Vecna's base then?" I furrowed  my brows together.

No one responded as they pondered the question.

"Well, we're one step closer." Robin optimistically stated. "We know how Vecna attacks."

"And where he attacks from." Lucas looked at me. "So I guess it is his base after all."

"So now we just need to sneak into his lair in the Upside Down and drive a stake through his heart." Max shrugged as if it was that easy.

"Or a machete." I smirked.

"If he even has a heart." Robin pointed out.

"A stake? Is he like a vamp? Is he a vampire?" Steve looked at Max for more information, interested on whether or not Vecna was indeed a vampire.

"It was a metaphor." Max explained.

"A bullet should work on him, right?" Eddie suggested.

"I say we chop his head off." Lucas rebutted.

"Again, machete." I shrugged with a smile.

"Yeah, I'd say all of the above," Nancy inputted, "but we can't do any of that until we find a way into the Upside Down."