Burn Baby Burn

Under Pressure - David Bowie and Queen

▸ Under Pressure - David Bowie and Queen

T H E U P S I D E D O W N
P T . 1

Danny and I waited for outside the Byers home leaning against the hood of our car. I nervously fiddled with the handle of the machete as I mentally prepared myself for the fight against the Demogorgon that was due to happen tonight.

"Are you scared?" I muttered, looking at the dark sky.

"Sorta." Danny admitted as he looked down at me. He took noticed of my fidgeting. "You scared?"

"Sorta." I nervously grinned up at my twin. "I think its more towards fighting a monster that has been close to getting me twice now. I'm hoping when the times comes to facing the Demogorgon, that my rage and instincts take over and I don't cower."

"I know you won't." Danny wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I scoffed and shrugged him off. He laughed and gave me a smirk. "No, I mean it Dawn. You're strong. It's four against one anyways. Plus, you can release all of that pent up rage towards Carol and Steve. I'm sure you'll be the one to either finish it off or badly injure it."

I pushed Danny off of the car as he laughed. The sound of gravel being ran over by a car and headlights beaming at us, caused the two of us to look at Johnathon's approaching car. As they parked, I hopped off of the hood and started walking towards them. Nancy and Johnathon quickly got out of the car.

"Took you guys long enough. What were you doing, eating each other's faces?" Danny remarked.

"No, shut up Danny." Nancy immieadly stated as she punched his arm. Johnathon glared at my brother.

"Come on, we don't have time for this. We have a Demogorgon to summon and kill to help Chief Hopper and Mrs. Byers." I reminded them.

They all nodded and we went to the trunk of the car. Johnathon popped open the trunk. We started to grab the things before closing the trunk shut. Quickly walking inside the house, we set the things down on the floor.

"So, who is doing what?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

"Nancy and I will start hanging up the lights. You two start setting up the traps." Johnathon informed.

"Alright, let's do this." Nancy breathed out.

Nancy and Johnathon went straight to the string of Christmas lights and started to hang them around the house like Mrs. Byers had them. Placing my machete against the wall next to Danny's weapon, I started grabbing the equipment to make the traps. I first laid out the things were we had previously talked about setting them earlier today. Danny had grabbed the hammer and started to stake the thick long nails in the two holes the bear trap had to the floor of the house.

By this time, Johnathon and Nancy were done with the lights. They started to help us out. Johnathon went to making his weapon, hammering nails into a wooden bat. Nancy started to pour a trail of gasoline in the house. Soon we finished rigging the house full of traps and made sure our weapons were loaded and ready for the fight.