Dart the Demogorgon

Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones

▸ Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones

W I L L T H E W I S E

"Maybe I should just avoid boys in general." I grumbled into my straw as I sipped a strawberry milkshake.

We were outside of Amanda's house sitting in lawn chairs and starting out into the forrest. A Rolling Stones cassette was loudly playing in the background from a boombox. There was a loud cough coming from Chad.

"Except you boys." I chuckled out, sending them a small smile. Chad grinned and gave me a thumbs up.

"There is nothing wrong with being single." Rebecca pointing her shake at me. She was sitting on my brother's lap. "Take your time. You have the rest of your life to find someone."

"No," Amanda scoffed. We turned too look at her with confusion. "You're gonna be with Steve. Just you watch."

"I'm with Manda." Danny nodded in agreement, wrapping his arm around Rebecca.

"What?" I blinked at him.

"Yeah, you and Steve are gonna get together and then he will be my brother-in-law." Danny playfully winked at me. Everyone laughed as I sunk in my chair and angrily sipped my shake.

"Whatever." I huffed, reaching over to the plastic table next to me to turn up the volume. Tumbling Dice started to play and we all immediately started to sing loud and obnoxious.

"Baby, I can't stay, you got to roll me!" Chad practically yelled at the top of his lungs, standing up. He pulled Amanda to her feet, twirling her into his arms. "And call me the tumblin' dice."

"Always in a hurry," Amanda giggled out, moving her hips to the beat. "I never stop to worry."

Rebecca squirmed out of my brother's hold, placing her shake on the table. She grabbed mine as I drank from it.

"Hey!" I protested, covering my mouth to wipe away some of the drink that spilled onto my lips.

"Let's dance!" Becca tugged me out of my seat by my hands. "Amanda! Join us!"

Amanda eagerly walked to us, grabbing a hold of our hands. Laughs speed from our lips as we danced to the music. The boys just scoffed at us, only wanting to dance with their girls. 

"Girlfriend stealer." Danny stuck his tongue out at me.

"Hey, she came to me." I winked at him before getting into a fit of laughter.