Gnarly

Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears

▸ Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears

T H E W E I R D O O N M A P L E S T R E E T P T . 2

An hour later and we were all outside near the pool. Music was softly playing in the background.  Danny was sitting on one of the chairs with Becca on his lap. Everyone else, expect for Steve since he went inside to go grab something, was sitting in their own chair either with a can of beer or a water bottle. Suddenly, Tommy ran towards Carol and scooped her up in his arms. Carol let out a loud scream.

"One, two, three!" Tommy feinted to throw Carol into the cold pool, causing her to let out another scream.

"Stop it, Tommy, no! Don't!" Carol let out before Tommy laughed and set her down. She smacked his chest. "You're such an asshole, Tommy."

"Idiots. They're gonna have the neighbors call the cops on us or something." I muttered to myself, taking a sip of my water. Barbra nodded in agreement, shaking her head at the two.

Steve walked past me with a closed pocket knife in his mouth, sitting next to the open chair next to Nancy. He flicked open a pocket knife and cut a slit into a can of beer. Barbra rolled her eyes. Bringing the can to his lips, he chugged the alcohol until it was empty. Once he was down, he dropped the can onto the ground. Pulling out a cigarette, he placed it in between his lips and collapsed into his chair.

"Is that supposed to impress me?" Nancy smiled at Steve.

"You're not?" Steve looked at her puzzled.

"You are a cliché, you do realize that?" Nancy told him. 

"You're a cliché." Steve rebutted, grabbing his lighter.

"You're both clichés." I stated, rolling my eyes. I'm getting sick and tired of their flirting.  I propped my feet up onto Becca's lap, stuffing my hands into the pocket of the hoodie. She scoffed and pushed my feet off of her. I pouted and stuck my tongue out at her.

"What are you talking about, Dawn?" Steve shook his head. He lit his cigarette and turned to face me. "You're a cliché, too. What with your grades and band practice."

"Nancy is the same too." I argued.

"I'm so not in a band." Nancy quickly denied.

"Okay, party girl. Why don't you just, uh, show us how it's done, then?" Steve handed Nancy his pocket knife.

"Okay." Nancy smiled, taking the pocket knife. I sighed, shaking my head. Why is she trying to act like someone she's not? Nancy stood up, grabbing a can from the chest. She opened the knife, positioning it where she was going to cut it.

"You gotta make a little hole right in-"

"I got it." Nancy turned to face Steve before focusing on her can of beer.