Surfer Babe

Don't Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

▸ Don't Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

T H E   B I T E P T . I

In my drunken like state, I was still able to understand that we needed to get the hell out of here. Somehow, Dustin and the girls got a hold of a truck. They had made me and Steve sit in the back with Robin as our assigned babysitter. Dustin was the one driving, and had I been clear minded, I would have yelled at him for not knowing how to drive. The alarms were still blaring but no Commies were following us. That, however, didn't stop Dustin from driving like a maniac.

"Jesus, slow down." Steve slurred beside me.

"Yeah, what is this, like-like, the Indy 200?" I leaned into Steve to look over his shoulder and stare at the kids.

"It's 300." Steve corrected.

"Nuh-huh." I faced him and shook my head. "It's 400."

"You said 200 earlier." Robin sighed.

"I did?" I blinked at her in confusion.  "Then it has to be 200."

"It's 300!" Steve insisted.

"You're 300!" I childishly shot back.

Steve burst into laughter. His contagious laugh had gotten me to join along. Steve fell into my lap and held his stomach. I gasped for air in between the laughing.

"What is wrong with them?" Erica asked.

"I don't know." Dustin answered.

"They're acting as if they're drunk or high, maybe both." Robin thought aloud.

"Dustin, watch out!" Erica warmed.

"Shit!"

The truck rammed into something. I went backwards and hit my head against the metal. Steve had rolled off of my lap from the motion. Placing a hand behind my head, I let out a groan.

"Jesus, Dustin!" Robin gripped at the side of the truck.

"Everyone okay back there?" Dustin looked over his shoulder to check on us. All he got in response from Steve and I were groans. "They're fine."

"Just open the door so we can go." Robin waved for them to hurry up.

A few seconds later, the door to the back opened. Robin had quickly climbed out. Dustin and Erica waited for us to get out. I just rubbed the back of my head and sat up.