Vecna's Plan

Seek and Destroy - Metallica

▸Seek and Destroy - Metallica

P  A  P  A    P  T  .  I

"Nancy, come on." I continued to shake her shoulders. "Wake up."

"You should have died instead of Barbara." Nancy's eyes shot open. I stumbled back when I saw her eyes. A white film glazed over her irises. Fear seeped into my veins. Her face showed no emotion. "Barbara would still be here."

"What the hell?" I continued to put distance between us. I quickly looked around for Steve. He wasn't there. Looking up at the gate, I noticed there wasn't a gate. My heart froze. "No. No, no, no."

"Billy and Danny would be alive if it weren't for you. They would be happy. I would be happy." I heard the change of voice. It was no longer Nancy's and instead someone all too familiar. My hands started to shake as I refused to look their way. "Look at me. Look at what happened because you didn't die! I had to die instead!"

"Please, no." My voice cracked as I shook my head.

I felt someone harshly grab my chin. A sob broke through as I was forced to see Danny. My twin I hadn't seen in months. Tears started to stream down my cheeks as there was a strong pinch in my heart.  Max's words of how Vecna uses your darkest thoughts against you came into mind.

"I could still be happy with Becca." Danny glared at me.

"No." I yanked my head away from his grasp and shoved at his chest. "You're not my brother. He wouldn't say that even if he believed it were true. He knew he couldn't be with Becca."

"You're smarter than you look." Danny changed into an inhuman body as the background around us morphed into the area Max had drawn. Vecna. "Most would have crumbled at that."

"I'm not stupid." I tried to control the shakiness of my hands.

"No," Vecna tilted his head, "you're not."

Vines wrapped around my ankles. Before I knew it, I was falling towards the ground. Shit. More vines caught me before I fell. I started to struggle against them, instinctively reaching for the machete. I didn't have it on me.

"That's why I have to get rid of you so soon." Vecna flicked his hand. "I only need one of you to see my plan."

Four chimes sounded as a grandfather clock floated a little way in the distance. Before I could say anything, I flew backwards as the vines pulled me towards a wall. A cry slipped past my lips at the sudden force of my back hitting the wall. A chunk of wood splintered off from the force.  My chest started to heave as I tried to think. Vecna took long strides towards me. Someone has to play a song from the other side. I know that Eddie and Robin had gone to look for tapes in Eddie's room for Nancy. But I don't know if I have enough time left for that to happen.