Live Action Musical

Never Ending Story - Limahl

T H E    B A T T L E  O F  S T A R C O U R T  M A L L  P T

S T A R C O U R T  M A L L 
P T . I I

Everyone gathered around the strange man. He had set a collection of notebook paper onto a table. These papers held hand drawn maps of the Russian facility down below us.

"Okay, this is what Alexei called "the hub"." The strange man tapped his finger on one of the boxes drawn on a piece of paper. "Now, the hub takes us to the vault room."

"Okay, where's the Gate?" Hopper examined the map.

"Right here." Strange Man tapped the area on the map. "I don't know the scale in this, but I think it's fairly close to the vault room, maybe fifty feet or so."

"More like 500." Erica stepped towards them. The adults stared at her with opened mouths. "What, you're just gonna waltz in there like it's commie Disneyland or something?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Strange Man asked.

"Erica Sinclair. Who are you?" Erica sassed.

"Murray...Baum." The strange man hesitated to say his last name.

"Listen, Mr. Baum," Erica emphasized his name, "I'm not trying to tell you how to do things, but I've been down in that shithole for twenty-four hours. And with all due respect, you do what this man tells you, you're all gonna die."

"I'm sorry, why is this four-year-old speaking to me?" Murray stood up straight.

"Um, I'm ten,"Erica corrected, "you bald bastard."

"Erica!" Lucas scolded his younger sister.

"Just the facts!" She defended herself.

"She's right. You're all gonna die, but you don't have to." Dustin walked up to the table. "Excuse me. Sorry, may I?"

"Please." Murray sarcastically smiled and motioned for Dustin to take a seat.

Dustin did just that. He reached over and slid the map closer to him. Dustin grabbed the pen.

"Okay, see this room here?" Dustin circled the room. "This is a storage facility. There's a hatch in here that feeds into their underground ventilation system."

He started to draw a line across the map. Erica took a seat next to Dustin.

"That would lead you to the base of the weapon. It's a bit of a maze down there, but between me and Erica, we can show you the way." Dustin told them.

"You can show us the way?" Hopper repeated.

"Don't worry," Dustin flicked his hand, "you can do all the fighting and the dangerous hero shit, and we'll just be your...navigators."