Sibling Bonding Over A Dead Body

Pyscho Killer - Talking Heads

▸Pyscho Killer - Talking Heads

D I G  D U G

It was the next morning and my mom was worried. Mews was dead - or in Mom's case missing since she didn't know that she was dead- and Dustin left her body in his room. We also locked Dart in his room. Dustin slept in my room (which was only for four hours since we couldn't sleep).Danny had came home late from his date, which apparently didn't end well,  so we weren't able to fill him in due to him going straight to bed.

Danny was outside with our mom, looking for the orange cat in the back of the house. Dustin was making a "phone call" to all of our neighbors in search of Mews. I, on the other hand, was worrying my ass off on how we are going to tell Mom that her beloved pet was killed and eaten by a demogorgon.

"Mews!" Mom called out from the front yard. I peeked through the blinds to check up on her. She was waving one of Mews' favorite toys looking for her. "Mewsy! Mews! Mewsy!"

"He isn't in the backyard Mom." Danny frowned. He walked up to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"Maybe Dusty and Dawny has some good news?" Mom looked up at him hopefully.

"You better fake some good news, Dustin." I turned to face him. "Mom looks like she's about to break down into tears."

"I'll make some good news up." Dustin assured me. Danny and Mom started to make their way to the front door.

"They're coming!" I hissed, running away from the window. Dustin quickly picked up the phone. The door opened, Danny holding it open for Mom.

"Any news yet?" Danny asked.

"Dustin's still calling." I pursed my lips together and jabbed my thumb towards our younger brother.

"Dusty, baby, you're sure she's not in your room?" Mom asked, closing the door behind her. Dustin held up his finger to silence her to "hear" the other end of the phone call.

"Uh-huh. Thank you so much Mr. McCorckle. Thank you so much. You are a true lifesaver." Dustin said into the phone. Mom sighed happily, her shoulders relaxing. "All right this is great."

"See, good news Mom." Danny smiled. He gave Mom a gentle shoulder on her arm. "I'm gonna go ahead and head to Rebecca's. I need to fix somethings. I'll hopefully be home by tonight, okay? Want me to get anything on the way back?"

"No, you go apologize to the girl." Mom shooed him away. "We'll be getting Mews."

"Okay, bye Mom." Danny chuckled and reached for the keys in his pocket. He pecked our mother's cheek and left the house.